What's new
What's new

Video about scraping shown before my Taiwan Classes...

Richard King

Diamond
I was looking at the PMC Precision Machinery Research Center info and came across this video they played before and after my classes I taught in in Taichung Taiwan, I taught for 2 years of time over a 20 year period. I wish they had translated it to English as it is in Chinese. If you hang in there it's worth the wait. It shows or relates famous craftsmen, artists, stone carvers, wood carvers teaching youth, sculptures and then shows way scraping craftsmen teaching youth. It shows photos from the Moore book, The foundations of Mechanical Accuracy and how it relates to precision. Before the class the students would wonder why we played it to peak their interest. When we played it after I taught them, they knew the meaning as they were now a craftsmen of scraping. My students from all over the world can reflect that feeling I'm sure. In the Movie they show a church and religious ceremonies reflecting it as a long lasting part of society as is precision scraping will last for ever. I used to get real emotional when watching the video. Especially when I turned over the reins of my classes to 2 instructors I trained, They now teach my classes in Taiwan.

Enjoy. Log into Facebook

Back