What's new
What's new

Help with Enco rotary table disassembly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baitshop

Aluminum
Hello everybody. I acquired this old enco rotary table with my Bridgeport several years ago. I was going to disassemble it to clean and lube it up back then but I remember getting stuck at some point and giving up on it for the time being. I'd like to get back to reconditioning the thing here one of these days and I figured one of the members on here would have an idea where to start with disassembly or would have some tips. I can generally figure these sorts of things out but I remember I was at the point where I thought I was going to need to press something apart and I didn't want to take that step without more knowledge. Does anyone have a diagram of the thing or a manual or any kind of specific advice?

IMG_2949.jpg

This is for another brand but they are all the same to some extent. You will hace to remove the crank assembly and worm shaft then flip it over and remove the bearing retainer nut...or loosen it up and leave on the threads, then stand it up again and using a dead blow hammer. this is a small one...but as I said.,,,,designs are pretty much the same. Be sure to take pictures and mark the nut to where it is now, so when you assemble it you get it right. Where in Wisc are you as I have a cabin in Hayward and if your on route I could drop in and help. Rich
https://cdn0.grizzly.com/manuals/g1049_m.pdf page 13

This is for another brand but they are all the same to some extent. You will hace to remove the crank assembly and worm shaft then flip it over and remove the bearing retainer nut...or loosen it up and leave on the threads, then stand it up again and using a dead blow hammer. this is a small one...but as I said.,,,,designs are pretty much the same. Be sure to take pictures and mark the nut to where it is now, so when you assemble it you get it right. Where in Wisc are you as I have a cabin in Hayward and if your on route I could drop in and help. Rich
https://cdn0.grizzly.com/manuals/g1049_m.pdf page 13

Thanks for the advice and the offer to swing by and help Richard. I'm located just out side of a little town called Wyocena just north of Madison. If you ever find yourself in that neck of the woods feel free to stop by! I just have a small hobby shop, but I'm pretty proud of it. My Monarch especially.

I did finally get it apart the other day. The worm shaft is part of a cartridge assembly on the Enco and that's why I couldn't figure out how to remove it. I got lucky and figured that out before I wrecked something.

I'm glad I took the effort though. It definitely needed a good clean and lube. Put it back together and it's as smooth as a new one. Thanks again.

Jared

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back