What's new
What's new

What are the tricks of the trade for a manual mill cutting oil recycling system?

lazz

Stainless
Recently a small horizontal mill found its was to my place.... Thanks John...
While cleaning it up Im looking into adding cutting oil or coolant and now would be the time to drill and tape holes. Maybe that dark smelly sulfur oil would add the special scent thats missing to my garage shop.

This is a Rockwell 21-120
The each end of the table is drilled and tapped 1/2 NPT for drains. There is one drilled and tapped 3/4 NTP hole in the base allowing access to the cabinet in the base.

An hour of searching Google didnt show any examples of how folks are connecting the drains at the ends of the table back to the pump...

How do the experts keep the oil on the table or in the tank and off the floor?
Any secrets? Or suggestions?

If the machine doesn’t have an enclosure I’d start there depending on where the pump is you need only to run lines to it via the holes in the table and let gravity do the work and zip ties to keep them in place. I could be wrong but if the base is sealed run your drain lines directly into it and make room in the back for the pumps power cord provided there isn’t one already in it. I would install a switch dependent outlet and leave the pump plugged in so all you need do is flip the switch on or off and your off to the races. I’m not familiar with this type of machine but if there is room near the table drill and tap holes to mount a manifold and plumb the pump directly into it. You can then add a valve and some loc-line or really anything for a spray and control the pressure with the valve.

Back