Login to Your Account
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Other Brother View Post
    I buy unique cast iron

Daryl
    What is that first one for? The yellow one. Some sort of funky waffle iron?

Mark

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well, unfortunately I been busy packing stuff to ship so I haven't been able to do any scraping therapy. I sure need it after the last couple of days.
    Daryl, Sure makes me so proud to see scraping like that from one of the kids :-) I saw something on here I think it was last week and it was referring to someone selling scraping tools in MI and as I looked at the long list I figured it was you?? They said it was in MI...I figured who else in MI that can scrape that good? lol

So your selling some surplus or are you slowing retiring? Did Ed Jr. tell you I met him and his dad at the IMTS show in the Dapra Booth over 40 years ago? He also got some lessons over the years at the show....lol. Back then he and his Dad Ed Sr. who was a service tech for Pratt & Whitney and his dad could hand scrape 40 PPI. When Ed Sr retired he started ES Dyjack Co. and that's when his fun began. At one time ESD Company was the largest BIAX distributor selling scraping tools then anyone on the USA. I consider Ed Jr. one of the kids too....lol

3. Likes Other Brother liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by rotarySMP View Post

Mark
    Mark if you would like to find out what they do drive over to Laakirchen, Austria In October when I will be teaching 3 classes inside 2 professional machine rebuilders shop. Biax is sponsoring these again
    This like is from last year. Austrian scraping class - novenber 2018

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by rotarySMP View Post

Mark
    The photo is of the bottom of a set of safety parallels. They are tall parallels with a wide base that makes them more stable and therefore safer to use. The interlaced fingers allow them to be used close together and means they take up less room when stored.

Charles

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard King View Post
    Daryl, Sure makes me so proud to see scraping like that from one of the kids :-) I saw something on here I think it was last week and it was referring to someone selling scraping tools in MI and as I looked at the long list I figured it was you?? They said it was in MI...I figured who else in MI that can scrape that good? lol

So your selling some surplus or are you slowing retiring? Did Ed Jr. tell you I met him and his dad at the IMTS show in the Dapra Booth over 40 years ago? He also got some lessons over the years at the show....lol. Back then he and his Dad Ed Sr. who was a service tech for Pratt & Whitney and his dad could hand scrape 40 PPI. When Ed Sr retired he started ES Dyjack Co. and that's when his fun began. At one time ESD Company was the largest BIAX distributor selling scraping tools then anyone on the USA. I consider Ed Jr. one of the kids too....lol
    Thanks Rich! Yes, we have had many conversations about you, lol. I keep going back for new brushes, and keep thinking these should last longer, but time certainly flies when you are having fun.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CBlair View Post
    The photo is of the bottom of a set of safety parallels. They are tall parallels with a wide base that makes them more stable and therefore safer to use. The interlaced fingers allow them to be used close together and means they take up less room when stored.

Charles
    Charles, you nailed it! Those turned out real nice and I actually showed the guy with a tenth indicator that they were zero, end to end and matching. I looked up a patent number and found it online. Will try to find the image and post it here. These parallels were manufactured by Magic City Mach. Tool Co. in Muncie Indiana, 1940's.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 00w0w_k1r8lwjhnxg_600x450.jpg  

8. Likes mister honey, M.B. Naegle, sfriedberg liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The yellow vee blocks I probably had over 100 hours into them. True 90 degree and every dimension matched to one ten thousandths on both from the bottom key-way. I think I sold them for $50, talk about a labor of love.

10. Likes M.B. Naegle, CBlair, Paolo_MD liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I live next to the wrong people. ()

12. Likes Other Brother, Demon73, CBlair liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks guys. So after the first batch of Waffles, you have to rescrape them
    Mark

14. Likes Other Brother liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks Rich! Yes, we have had many conversations about you, lol. I keep going back for new brushes, and keep thinking these should last longer, but time certainly flies when you are having fun.
    BIAX says when the brushes wear out to soon, the wiring to the outlet or your extension cord is to light or small. Try using a bigger wire size and see what happens.

16. Likes CBlair, Other Brother liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Wow, and I told my wife it was because I was working so hard. Thanks Rich, she doesn't have to know any different. I'll try it, good tip!

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Minnesota
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Just a couple of Fadal tunups

Hello to all, I’m new to the forum but am really enjoying the content and all the information available. Currently started on one of my Fadals replacing the ball screws, turned out getting a little deeper than I thought. Ended up doing a complete turcite replacement also. While checking out the geometry the top of the saddle had about .005 wear,warp and upon removing the saddle the turcite was loose on the bottom and coming out and some missing. With the mill kind of stuck in th corner of the shop and my sel being one of stubbornness and I’m going to do this myself I watched the Russians scrape-grinding hard ways. So I practiced on a couple of bars and dove in head first in shallow water. 3145fcee-7420-43f0-a1a3-a2c3d93ddb25.jpge7feb0cc-a5e0-49f2-8294-fdbba9f137ac.jpg a couple of in process photos this worked surprisingly it worked quite well. I lapped in the ways after spring them to get a smooth surface for the turcite and it came out quite nice. I am fortunate to have a wide array of machines I can use for rebuilding machine parts as I do a lot of machineing on large Diesel engines along with job shop work.

19. Likes M.B. Naegle liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hello,

Just to say something about what I've been scraping! I have not done much over the last couple of years, but a triangular 32" new old stock fresh of the planer showed up on the equivalent of Craig's list for 20€ which was too good to pass up! So I scraped in in one side and made some handles for it. I also milled scraped and painted the 12" that I bought from Kev after the 2017 class at Andrew Mawson's. In the last Photo, there is also the 72" that I bought From Graham Stabler last spring.

kev-12-.jpg60-32-.jpg12-32-72-2.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Matt longtime no chat. I hope your well now that your retired? Here is a couple of great pictures of Matt I took at that class. :-)
    20171216_094814.jpg20171215_172230.jpg

22. Likes mattinker liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Richard,

Retirement suits me, it's just I seem to have less time than ever! I'm trying to work my way through a backlog of projects. I've been a bit bogged down with building work on my workshop/home, never ending! I'm working towards the rebuild of my Edgwick Lathe hence the straight edges! I intend to do it a bit at a time, as I don't want it immobilized too long! I will probably have to build a sledge to run a grinder to re-grind the bed ways! This will take time! Lots to do!!
    All the best, Matthew

24. Likes Richard King liked this post