Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Country
    AUSTRIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    Application Specific.
    Do you need a robust machine to take heavy cuts.
    and for all machines where a very smooth movement is the advantage, like your surface grinders.

or all the conventional machines without cnc control.

regards,
    Franz from the Lüftinger Brothers

Country
    AUSTRIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by hanermo View Post
    Imo,
    I doubt any manually scraped contact surfaces in machine tools will be relevant in 10 years, == 2029.
    Machine-ground surfaces similar to todays scraped surfaces might be used in some very specialty apps by 2029.

I just opined that it will not be commercially relevant past maybe 1(-2)% or less of cases, by 2029.
    We have been listening to this argument over and over again for the last 30 years, but it has not happened to this day.

On the contrary, it is scraped more again, on high precision machines the mounting surfaces of the linear rails are scraped to the necessary accuracy a surface grinder can not reach

regards,
    Last edited by MASCHRATUR; 09-28-2019 at 08:07 AM.

3. Likes Richard King, cash liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by MASCHRATUR View Post
    We have been listening to this argument over and over again for the last 30 years, but it has not happened to this day.

On the contrary, it is scraped more again, on high precision machines the mounting surfaces of the linear rails are scraped to the necessary accuracy a surface grinder can not reach

regards,
    To all who don't know, This is the company where I will be teaching scraping starting in a few weeks. They are the hosts of the class sponsored by BIAX Germany. Franz and Stefan grew up under the tutelage of their Father like I was and then went to University and they worked in the machine tool industry where they honed their expertise in computer operated machines and engineering systems. Their Father retired and they had his customers ask for them to continue on rebuilding and repairing machines and they quit their jobs and now are one of the premier machine rebuilders in Austria and in Germany. Scraping Class 2019 with Richard King - BIAX

5. Likes cash liked this post