What's new
What's new

where to find high precision lead screw?

Lumberjack

Hot Rolled
Hi,

As the title implies, any hints or tips on where to find suppliers for lead screws? Not the average rolled stock but good enough for use on a lathe for threading, I recall 0,03mm/300mm, in the ballpark of... 0,0006inch/foot, pitch accuracy.

Thanks

Hi,

As the title implies, any hints or tips on where to find suppliers for lead screws? Not the average rolled stock but good enough for use on a lathe for threading, I recall 0,03mm/300mm, in the ballpark of... 0,0006inch/foot, pitch accuracy.

Thanks

This company claims to offer precision ground lead screws: Acme and Lead Screws but no idea of cost or "lead" time. Contact them and see what they say.

Since you are in Sweden it might be easier to buy from Germany. If you look on German Ebay, just search for "Trapezgewindespindel" and "Gewindespindel". Some of the vendors list the accuracy of the lead (I think that I remember seeing 30 microns in 300mm for precision ones, and a factor of ten worse for normal ones). For other vendors you may need to contact them to ask.

In Germany there are enough sources for ACME-threads, but less who grind the threads.

In stock they have rolled finished and whirled finished threads. Ground finished threads normally will be manufactured as they are ordered.

Rolled finish:
cheap; lead tolerance: 0,1 mm / 300 mm; straightness: 0,3 mm / 300 mm

Whirled finish:
cheap; lead tolerance: 0,05 mm / 300 mm; straightness: 0,3 mm / 300 mm

Ground finish has best lead tolerance, but really expensive.

This company in the netherlands has whirled finish with 0,05 mm / 300 mm in stock:
Trapezoidal Thread spindles - Trapezoidal Thread

This company has whirled finish, too and a distributor in denmark:
Trapezgewindespindeln & -muttern | WMH Herion
Distributor in denmark: Zero-Max A/S |

Mädler is a distributor in germany who sells ACME-thread with whirled finish in 0,03 mm / 300 mm:
Trapezgewinde- und Kugelgewindetriebe - Madler Webshop

In Germany there are enough sources for ACME-threads, but less who grind the threads.

In stock they have rolled finished and whirled finished threads. Ground finished threads normally will be manufactured as they are ordered.

Rolled finish:
cheap; lead tolerance: 0,1 mm / 300 mm; straightness: 0,3 mm / 300 mm

Whirled finish:
cheap; lead tolerance: 0,05 mm / 300 mm; straightness: 0,3 mm / 300 mm

Ground finish has best lead tolerance, but really expensive.

This company in the netherlands has whirled finish with 0,05 mm / 300 mm in stock:
Trapezoidal Thread spindles - Trapezoidal Thread

This company has whirled finish, too and a distributor in denmark:
Trapezgewindespindeln & -muttern | WMH Herion
Distributor in denmark: Zero-Max A/S |

Mädler is a distributor in germany who sells ACME-threads up to 0,03 mm / 300 mm (ask for this accuracy before ordering!):
Trapezgewinde- und Kugelgewindetriebe - Madler Webshop

Back