What's new
What's new

Where to send a coumpound for repair?

Ksracer

Aluminum
In order to eliminate play in the coumpound slide of my Kingston HJ1700, I have to tighten the gib almost to the point that you can't move it. I've had it apart to clean and inspect, and it appears to be in excellent shape to the eye, as does the entire machine.
I've thought about trying to scrape the gib myself because it looks like it's only making contact on the narrow end, but I really don't have time, and I'm also afraid I'll make it worse and still have to send it out, lol.
Can I get a few recommendations for places or people who could fix it for me?
Thanks.

Garden State Machine Tool- Rich Zipper
Did a great job on my cross slide and compound recently and also on a mill decades ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If you still haven't sent the slide out. Phil Perry is in Kansa, so is Glen B and Robert Gossin is in KC and they all could repair it for you. PM your info and I can help. Rick at A&D in Roberts WI is a personal friend of mine and he could easily do it, but he gets top dollar and is swamped.

t would depend on how bad it is. If the gib needed to be replaced or some Rulon could be applied to the gib. Probably take a day or 10 hours. Most pro rebuilder charge $100.00 p/h plus parts.

Garden State Machine Tool- Rich Zipper
Did a great job on my cross slide and compound recently and also on a mill decades ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

+1 on Rich Zipper. He is one patient, careful guy. He did a fantastic job on a lathe for me. I know a few other guys and their machines that he did. Wow. All happy.

Bernie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back