What's new
What's new

WTB, scraping gauge

Matt Critchley one of our members made a chart out of 1/4" Graph paper by drawing circles on it and then laminating the paper and used that to compare. If you want the real McCoy Gauge call Dapra 800 243 3344 It's called a control gage.

One caveat from experience. I made a gauge out of plexiglass thinking the ability to see the surrounding area as well as the 1" square window might be a nice characteristic. Only problem was that I could set it down on something and it became invisible - I was always looking right through it at whatever it was sitting on. Since I could never find the thing when I needed it, it was just like not having one at all.

Sorry to revive this old thread. I wrote to Dapra for a price of the real McCoy. $75.02 plus shipping and first time buyers must place a minimum $150.00 order...

I made some of these for myself and have a few to spare. I'll send you one for $24 including postage. Mine are 40-60-90-140 and are made from .125" stainless steel. Should last nearly forever.

Attachments

• IMG_0533.jpeg
    IMG_0533.jpeg
    869.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0534.jpeg
    IMG_0534.jpeg
    845.5 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0535.jpeg
    IMG_0535.jpeg
    780.7 KB · Views: 14
Matt Critchley made up a simple gage by using a draftsman compass and drawing circles on some graph paper and cutting out a 1" sq. and then laminating it. Worked good and he hug it next to his lapper.

Back