What's new
What's new

14 1/2" SBL for sale

andy pullen

Hot Rolled
I have a 14 1/2" X 24" South Bend Lathe for sale. It has the 2 tumbler quick change gearbox. It's a 1 1/2 hp 3 phase machine. The accessories are: a 12" 4 jaw, an 8" 3 jaw, an Aloris BX toolpost with 6 turning and 1 boring holder, a pair of live centers, a drill chuck an Armstrong type boring bar holder....I'd like to get $750 for it but will consider offers....

The spindle will take a 5C collet drawtube, but I never got around to getting the closer for it. The nose thread is 2 3/8"-6. I'm currently looking for the pics of it....

Andy Pullen

Andy, thats interesting about the spindle thread because mine will also take 5C collets yet its
2 1/4" x8. Thats on a 13" SB. There must be some real meat in that spindle.

Hi Charles,

I'll get you the dimensions. It weighs about 1200 pounds....I moved it initially in my old S-10 pickup. The front end was a bit light, but it carried the machine ok. I'll have to take some more pics of it....Have you done anything with the wheelsets I made for you?

Tim,

The spindle is at least 1 3/8" diameter to take a 5C drawtube, but, I'll measure it tonight.

I've found about 6 #3 MT sleeves that I'll also throw in with it....

Sorry about the delay in replying. I haven't been near a computer since last Wednesday. I had to bulldoze my shop of all the "clutter" to get the house ready to sell.

Andy Pullen

Sounds like a good deal to me, why hasn't
somebody snagged it yet, of course I am too
far away,.............Bob

Hi all,

I'll get the pics taken tonight. My wife had the camera at work...For those that are local; I can be reached at [email protected] or 410-569-8535. We're doing a home inspection at the new house in the morning, but if you would like to come and take a look in person, I should be home in the afternoon.

I'm keeping the converter hooked up until we go to settlement at the end of next month so anybody who wants to see it under power is welcome to come and see it.

Andy Pullen

Hi again,

I won't be on the computer much this weekend and won't be checking my work email over the weekend. Call the above phone number if you want to come and see it....or email the above address.

Thanks,

Andy Pullen

Andy, I'm still building a replacement storage shed, so that I can get my garage converted into a shop, so that I can do something with the wheels I bought from you... Like Topsey, the shed project "just growed" from a one story replacement for a rusted out 10' x 15'6" rusted out building to a two story 10' x 22' barn. Need to put roof and siding and doors and attic steps in and that will be done -- for awhile at least. Then maybe I can get setup to make chips instead of sawdust. Charles

Back