What's new
What's new

14x30 Pacemaker Lathe

adh2000

Titanium
Going to scrap this week. Any interest? I think scrap is around $800 on this.
43d55087c8482c0488219ebf63a7d472.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want it!! I’m in Milwaukee.
Pm me and I’ll shoot you contact info.
Or email

It would be my 3rd pacemaker. It’s turning into a fetish really.

What are the reasons for scrapping it? What are its issues?

It doesn’t have any issues. In fact I cut some metal on it Friday morning. It was in the local foundry auction a month ago but didn’t get picked up. It was about to get turned over to the scrappers when I decided to rescue it. Now that it’s on my truck I realize my forklift can’t handle it so what to do. Was thinking maybe I better just head over to the scrap yard and be done with it. Looks like there is some local interest so I’ll hang onto it for a while and see what happens. Maybe I can find a home for it or a way to keep it.

It doesn’t have any issues. In fact I cut some metal on it Friday morning. It was in the local foundry auction a month ago but didn’t get picked up. It was about to get turned over to the scrappers when I decided to rescue it. Now that it’s on my truck I realize my forklift can’t handle it so what to do. Was thinking maybe I better just head over to the scrap yard and be done with it. Looks like there is some local interest so I’ll hang onto it for a while and see what happens. Maybe I can find a home for it or a way to keep it.

What year is it? I have a 1946 and it's a joy to run. Surely don't scrap it.

It doesn’t have any issues. In fact I cut some metal on it Friday morning. It was in the local foundry auction a month ago but didn’t get picked up. It was about to get turned over to the scrappers when I decided to rescue it.

God bless you, I hate seeing still serviceable equipment scrapped.

What is the cost for you to hitch up your trailer, get in your truck and drive from TX to WI?

I will let the seller speak for himself, but usually these types of deals aren't machinery dealers 'ask for a quote' kinda things.

What is the cost for you to hitch up your trailer, get in your truck and drive from TX to WI?

I will let the seller speak for himself, but usually these types of deals aren't machinery dealers 'ask for a quote' kinda things.

One way to do it might be to ask what he'd take for the pickup with the lathe on it already. One way ticket and drive it home.

Your going to have to fight me for it. I’m only 30 min away from it.
Hoping he makes a decision that I can buy it and give it a nice restoration.
Bed has some decent wear. But it’s small enough that I could get it ground one day. One casting cover has been hit with a forklift.
Cam-lock spindle.

Update, the serial number on the lathe is 72171-50 making it a 1950 per John O. Another PM member sent me a chart showing the weight to be 5400 lbs. Looks heavier. The truck is a 2000 GM super duty with GVWR of 15,000 lbs. I don’t know the empty weight but we’re probably OK weight wise. Truck has only 49,000 miles and has been kept in a garage it’s entire life.

At 5400 lbs my forklift should handle it so I’m tempted to store it for a while and see what happens. Something is going to have to go though. $9,000 for the truck and lathe? I’ve got a 2001 Dodge 3500 with 12’ flatbed and Cummins motor I’d rather sell.

Back