What's new
What's new

15HP 240/480VAC 1760 RPM Motor

Froneck

Titanium
I'm parting out a 1A W&S turret lathe that seems to have a nice 15HP motor 1760 RPM and I think 240/480VAC but will double check the exact voltage but name plate indicates dual voltage about what I stated. Seem to be in good shape spins free. I have the lathe at my friends scrap business so I can double check to see how it's wired but I assume WYE. I can test it before shipping. All I ask is scrap value. I'm sure it can be strapped to a pallet, forklift is available to load. I live in Central PA near Lewistown. Will load a truck you send at no extra charge. I'll have it removed and put on a certified scale in a day or so but it will be done in the next few days.
I might drag it to my shop as I hate to see a nice motor scrapped. Will make someone a good RPC or Motor. But I have quite a bit of stuff I don't need now.
I'm parting out the lathe, it has 3 axis DRO and I also want the spindle and chuck everything else is unwanted by me.
Let me know ASAP if interested.

Don't expect to sell the DRO, Might sell one of the scales, it's quite long, maybe 60" and has 2 readers on it. The 1A has 2 carriages, instead of a ram the turret is attached to a carriage that is typical with all the A series W&S turret lathes so one scale was used and a reader was attached to each carriage. When I get a chance I'll test it to be sure it works.It's a Sony Magna Scale.

Interested in the motor to upgrade the HP on my RPC. Please advise the weight on a pallet, and i will get a shipping quote.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I'll open the electrical box cover and check the wiring to be sure it's dual voltage and not possibly rewound single voltage. Remove the motor, Connect power to be sure if runs good. Scrap yard has certified scales as required by PA law and get a weight. I'll also post a photo.

Motor on the pallet is 354 pounds. Opened electric box, definitely dual voltage (9 wires) Looks to be wired 480VAC but not sure if Delta or Wye (didn't check no diagram on box cover maybe on name plate) Didn't wire it for test. Motor wires are in excellent condition, New looking aluminum number tags probably motor was rewound. Estimated pallet weight 54 pounds. Scrap value of motor $30.00. Forgot to take photos but will tomorrow, will check wire connections to determine if it's Delta or Wye wound. I feel Delta makes a better RPC, my RPC is a Delta wound 6 pole motor.

OK, it's yours! Total Price Banded on a good pallet and loaded on your truck $30.00.
Pheasant Valley Recycling (the location) will be closed next week and will reopen December 6. Open 8Am to 4PM every weekday and 8AM to 12PM Saturdays. It's ready to ship now but next week is Whitetail Deer season a major holiday in my area! I'll get more info for you.

No hurry on my end. I will arrange for a pickup after Dec 6th. I assume they are at 301 Pheasant Valley Rd per the Google look up. I can PayPal the funds, or use a cash app. Will get shipping quotes in mean time.

@Froneck , i got quotes from u ship, and they are 10-20× the value of the motor. I can't get up there until after Christmas, as it is 10 hrs each way. I don't think it is fair to ask for it to be held until then. As much as i hate to, i think it is only fair to let someone else have it. Thanks again, but i didn't expect the shipping from PA to TN to be $330~$650.

I don't care when you pick it up! If you want it after Christmas is OK with me. Currently it's outside but I can cover it. Simply put I don't want it! Too big for me. Let me know what you want to do.
CIMG2060.jpgCIMG2056.jpgCIMG2059.jpg

Last edited:
Were you able to determine if this motor is wired Wye or Delta on the 230V pattern?

USA motors have 9 wires either for Delta or Wye. European motors tend to have 12 wires and can be wired both ways depending on voltage. The low voltage 4,5,6 connection indicates Wye. So the motor is Wye type. In my opinion Delta wound motors make better RPCs however most use Wye wound motors. Wye is most common type in the USA.

Back