What's new
What's new

18" x 72" Hendey For Sale

spaeth

Hot Rolled
Anyone interested in a big old Hendey Lathe? A gent up the road wants rid of an 18" x 72" 8 speed model. Serial# 18065. Has a 4 jaw mounted also 3 jaw & a steady rest. Not sure if the Aloris in the pics is in the deal. He is asking 500.00. Located NW Pa.
spaeth

Attachments

• DSCN0129.jpg
    DSCN0129.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 456
  • DSCN0128.jpg
    DSCN0128.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 391
  • DSCN0132.jpg
    DSCN0132.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 431
  • DSCN0133.jpg
    DSCN0133.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 367
M>B,
The motor is a 3 hp 3 phase. The spindle speeds are pretty slow via the gearing and backgears. Also the motor has a small pulley to the larger one on the clutch drum. You can see in the pics this machine can do and has done some serious work. If anyone is interested in showing up with a trailer you can message me your phone# and I'll pass it to the owner. This machine is still wired. I hope it does not get scraped. Might be nice for hydraulic cylinder repairs or ....
spaeth

One advantage of these old geared head Hendey's is that because the motor is mounted above the head-stock, the overall machine is skinnier than later models. So they're good for shop space. Downside of that is that it takes a little more work to get into the head-stock for repairs.

yvfcfire58,
Yes the Hendey is still sitting in a warm dry shop
waiting for the right person to take it home. Still
wired and ready to make chips. Private Message me your phone# and I'll relay that to him to contact you.
spaeth

Back