1980 Deckel FP3 for sale
Close
Login to Your Account
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default 1980 Deckel FP3 for sale

from me, on eBay......but don't look if prone to sticker shock.....

198 Deckel FP3 vertical horizontal mill | eBay

I suspect I may regret selling it this cheap someday however. In Germany and Switzerland even the older generation FP3 models sell for more. The FP4MK I sold to a company in Mexico perhaps a decade ago for around $25,000 now would fetch more like $45,000 in Germany.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I've never run one of these machines, so I have no reference. It looks really handy and better thought out than the typical Bridgeport.

But, what makes it worth $20,000? I mean, that will get you a pretty nice machining center. Is it a collector thing?

I'm serious and not trying to be a smart ass.

3. Likes MICK 1958 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ewlsey View Post
    I've never run one of these machines, so I have no reference. It looks really handy and better thought out than the typical Bridgeport.

But, what makes it worth $20,000? I mean, that will get you a pretty nice machining center. Is it a collector thing?

I'm serious and not trying to be a smart ass.
    I suspect if I explained you still wouldn't get it, so best to ask that question on the Deckel forum. But for starters, how many mills this size have a horizontal quill ? Think mini HBM. Also "a pretty nice machining center" is typically a bit awkward for prototype work and will eventually become obsolete due to control issues. These manual Deckels are "forever" machines if taken care of.

5. Likes Jersey John liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

it looks great, when my money comes from Nigeria I will buy it

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A friend has one in Denmark and they are incredible machines. I like it much more than my Bridgeport. The machine is much smaller but much sturdier. The work envelope is fairly large and it is so versatile, you can pretty much clamp anything on to this thing to machine it. But the rigidity compared to a bridgeport isnt even close.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Buying this machine gives you a good mill...but the important thing is you get a beer bottle opening key that opens the electrical cabinet, and of
    course the inside on the secret handshake.
    Cheers Ross

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by AlfaGTA View Post
    Buying this machine gives you a good mill...but the important thing is you get a beer bottle opening key that opens the electrical cabinet
    Sadly, not with this one....note the "manuals on top" electrical cabinet photo that shows the key.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Bump-e-poo

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Milacron View Post
    Sadly, not with this one....note the "manuals on top" electrical cabinet photo that shows the key.
    Oops... I took some new photos and forgot to include the key in the new photo of the electrical cabinet. I'd prefer the non bottle opener key anyway as it fits in the pocket better....in fact you can cut either of them so that all you have is a shank with an internal square hole, then drill a hole in the end of the shank to fit on your keyring....that way you always have that type of key with you and simply use the keyring itself as the "handle".... especially nice for us auction types that might come upon lord knows what machine we want to examine the electrics of.