What's new
What's new

1994 Fadal 4020 with 28" extended Z

dksoba

Hot Rolled
1994 Fadal 4020 with 28" extended Z
30 ATC

I am selling this machine because I am in the process of closing my business. I have taken a full time job.

Travel:
X: 40"
Y: 20"
Z: 28"

This machine has a 1010-4 controller, and the following upgrades:

-55 gallon coolant tank with recirculating oil/coolant separation system
-1.5 HP coolant pump
-Working 5C 4th axis with amplifier and controller card
-LCD screen nicely integrated and fully functional

The machine does not come with the vises on the table.

Asking $18k obo. Located in San Diego, CA.
Fadal4020.jpg

Thanks for looking,
Matt

That machine looks pretty good for its age.
Sorry, not a potential buyer but I was just curious what material is used for the door glass?
Those are the cleanest doors I have seen on a VMC.
I just bought my first CNC mill and want to build some shrouds/doors.

Thanks
Michael

That machine looks pretty good for its age.
Sorry, not a potential buyer but I was just curious what material is used for the door glass?
Those are the cleanest doors I have seen on a VMC.

Thank you. The machine is in pretty decent condition for its age.

They are polycarbonate.

Matt

I can't seem to edit my original thread. Anyone know what a good price for this machine is? I'm willing to take less, I just don't know what the market value is. $15k? $12k?

I need to move this machine out soon'ish.

Matt

probably 12 to 10K
unfortunately a a 4th axis doesn't really add to the selling price
might help is sell faster but not at a higher price.

Fadals just don't get much love any more
even if some of us still like them

Recently I did a lot of searching for a Fadal. I found most the $15k ones were 1999 or newer and from dealers.

Private sales, a 1996 and older were generally around $10k. That being said, I picked a very nice 1999 3016HT with low hours for $8k.

The prices at auction range $5k up to $9k plus fees and loading.

The magic number is when a person calls and makes a very reasonable and serious offer.

Not a buyer, but does the machine have rigid tapping? What size is the tool holder. My Fadal is running great, and is affordable to maintain.

Not to hijack the thread but have you considered using a dealer to help get it sold? They (WE) get a 10% commission for getting it sold. I know everyone hates dealers but in this case we can help. We broker the machines

Better and more pics would be helpful. When searching for a machine I like to see as much as possible. Pictures pictures pictures...

How long did you have it.
What type of work or materials did you mill.
How many hours.
Any repairs or does it require any repairs.
Can you load or know who can.
Do you have the pins and a way to lock down the table for moving.

For $10K it seems like a decent deal. Pictures will make or break it, especially with the off grey color housing.

Good luck selling it.

Better and more pics would be helpful. When searching for a machine I like to see as much as possible. Pictures pictures pictures...

How long did you have it.
What type of work or materials did you mill.
How many hours.
Any repairs or does it require any repairs.
Can you load or know who can.
Do you have the pins and a way to lock down the table for moving.

For $10K it seems like a decent deal. Pictures will make or break it, especially with the off grey color housing.

Good luck selling it.

1) I have had the machine since early 2012.
2) Most of my work was ABS (approximately 20%), 6061-T6(511) (approximately 70%), small amounts of 303 stainless, 1018, 360 brass (approximately 10%). The machine has Blaser Swisslube BC940 coolant used with deionized water.
3) This is a Fadal, of course there have been repairs. The machine had a spindle problem (spindle making some noise, but still usable). I recently had the spindle rebuilt.
4) I know someone who can load.
5) The machine came with the Z jogged down onto a piece of wood. I believe it came with pins too.

Machine is still for sale.

Back