Ianagos

Stainless
I have a 1996 Clausing storm 300 cnc lathe for sale

12” chuck and fanuc o-t controller.
2 axis lathe with vdi holders
Over 3” through the spindle bore.
800ipm rapid on Z 400ipm on X
3000rpm spindle

Machine was used a few times then put away for years. Ways are in like new condition. The machine has almost no rust. Spindle is very quiet and run smooth. Turret indexes properly.

I have all original documentation for this machine including original invoice.

Please contact me with any questions and offers. I’d love for you to come look at it. Currently hooked up to power.

I can load with some conditions.

Asking 12k but make me an offer and come check it out.

Please not the machine looks a bit dirty in the pictures but it’s really pretty clean. The whole thing is coated in lps3

c0485e68b58e59adc1584e0b3788a2c6.jpg

a407cc3e6ccd9c7d99efc4ca2efb9999.jpg

e8e8d383779a3c185cdc3720838541b6.jpg

6a4dde91bbad324262148d114b40fa35.jpg

ded2b9314f4ae34cdd247c71a8549732.jpg

eac488b033b491b61924c6f855bb3ede.jpg

5401d8dbff4df177257a86354e001493.jpg

I am not interested, too big for my needs but I am sure interested parties would like to see the tool holders that come with it.

Wish you were closer... I think think the ride to NW Montana would make it prohibitively exspensive

Wish you were closer... I think think the ride to NW Montana would make it prohibitively exspensive

Maybe not as bad as you think. I got a quote from Washington state to Georgia for 2 heavier machines that was $1800.

If I don’t sell it soon we may be able to work something out.

Ok for pm members I can do $8500

I need this machine sold I have not need for it and it’s taking up space.

Any interest let me know feel free to shoot me offers. I’ll do what I can to help you out.

Willing to take trades on a nice okamoto grinder, old cylindrical grinder, 13ish swing manual lathe,

Just curious how long the GE/Fanuc controls lasted and do they have some kind of stigma? Strangely enough the place I bought my first lathe from over 25 years ago is still in business in Cali and on E-bay selling a stripped version demonstrated running for $4800 of this same machine and things are always more expensive in Cali. The biggest parts I make can easily be made on my 10hp machine, so no interest from me, but I thought this machine was a steal once it dropped below $10k, what am I missing?

Just curious how long the GE/Fanuc controls lasted and do they have some kind of stigma? Strangely enough the place I bought my first lathe from over 25 years ago is still in business in Cali and on E-bay selling a stripped version demonstrated running for $4800 of this same machine and things are always more expensive in Cali. The biggest parts I make can easily be made on my 10hp machine, so no interest from me, but I thought this machine was a steal once it dropped below $10k, what am I missing?

Honestly I think it’s a good price. Maybe people are scared because they think it’s an asian import machine but it’s not. Made in the UK. Also great free phone support of course whoever buys it will get the contact number to the individual that knows about this machine and works for Clausing. (in Illinois I think)

Machine is tight and like new. Great solution for a shop that needs largish cnc turning capability for very little space and low cost.

Like I said I’m negotiable on the price and if you come look at the machine you will see it’s very nice for it’s age.

Alright down to $6500

Would like to sell this lathe.

To anyone who is interested it is hooked up to power and you can turn it on and verify it’s all good. I also have all the parameter lists if that’s what you are worried about. The batteries are not that old either but I’ll even replace them for you if you like.

I'm rather shocked this hasn't sold yet. If I had the space at that price I would get it just to have it.

It appears to have all the stuff that people forget about. Manuals, parameters, tooling.

Anyway bump for what looks like a good deal

Well today I received a down payment on the machine. So it’s Sold unless something happens

Got a lot less than I want but it is what it is right?

Back