What's new
What's new

2, 60 hp American Rotary Phase converters for sale

Fulcircleny

Cast Iron
I recently bought a new shop that has 3 phase power. I am looking to move in at the end of this month.
I currently run 2, 60 HP each, American Rotary phase converters, which I want to sell. One is already disconnected, and the other still hooked up. These two units powered my whole shop since 2006, I did replace the whole capacitor cabinet on one of them about 5 years ago, so one is the older grey color, and one the newer Black color. They list for just under 5k new,I am asking 2k, but am willing to talk. They will simply be put into storage, in the warehouse if they don't sell, in hopes that someone may use them in the future. I really don't have any way to palletize and ship, so "local pick up" would be preferred. The shop is located about 25 miles North of Utica, for mileage references
Thanks for looking.

Regards,
Chris

Hi Chris, Do you know any model numbers of these units? I just getting started looking for a phase converter so I have to get up to speed fast. I think 60 HP might be too big for my shop

The newer one, the black one, is an ADX 60 the older grey one just says 60 hp CNC, yes, I can load, I own a john deere Loader so we could put it in the bucket, then slide it onto your truck, or trailer. Time what are you trying to run, I ran 5 CNC'S Plus a full toolroom off of the pair. Sorry, to be clear the motor's are both the same age, it is the electronics, that are new as per my original post

After a bit of research, I think the 60 HP is a bit much for my equipment. Thanks anyway

There is enough physics with a phase convertor I won't claim to understand, that one best just treat this as second hand information. However, oversizing a phase convertor shouldn't hurt either it or the equipment it's supplying. The only downside is a little more wasted electricity at the idler.

Back to first hand: my air compressor needed a convertor with a 30HP idler - my 2HP mill sure doesn't seem to care that the convertor has far more capacity than it could ever pull. And the idler doesn't seem to even know whether the mill is running or the 3phase load is merely idle.

Good luck with your sale Fulcircleny!

There is enough physics with a phase convertor I won't claim to understand, that one best just treat this as second hand information. However, oversizing a phase convertor shouldn't hurt either it or the equipment it's supplying. The only downside is a little more wasted electricity at the idler.

Back to first hand: my air compressor needed a convertor with a 30HP idler - my 2HP mill sure doesn't seem to care that the convertor has far more capacity than it could ever pull. And the idler doesn't seem to even know whether the mill is running or the 3phase load is merely idle.

Good luck with your sale Fulcircleny!

I agree. That said, A 25hp converter will run what I need with a little extra for the brand new price of ~$2100. If I needed more power I'd buy the one Fulcircleny is offering

Hi Chris,

I am looking to upsize my capacity but I am wondering what size breaker you used for these and what size wire guage? I looked at their website but I am a little unclear. Thanks - Joe.

Joe, I am sorry I just checked PM, I completed my move and have been leveling, re powering and such. So, I had a 440 single phase feed that came into a single 440 panel, then I went out to 2, 200 AMP feeds, into the converters, they then fed out to a 200 amp 3 phase panel, then to the machines. the wire size was 4-0 copper. My apology for not checking in before this
If I can help with anything send me a quick email, I will at least get a notification

[email protected]

Regards, Chris

Hi Chris - thanks. I only have 200 amps total so I am trying to determine if this is doable for me or not. Let me keep digging and asking the experts. When I only had 100 amps I started a few fires over the years by running so close to the limit all the time. I used to have to tell my wife not to use the oven or the ac when we had several machines running because we would be bouncing right at the 100 amp mark. Now at least I have a separate 200 amp service for the shop but that's for everything - lights and machines. It would probably be pretty close but I will try to get more accurate info. Thanks.

Joe, I think my electrician may be wrong about this, I set it up 12 years ago, that's a lot of wire nutz and breakers ago for him. I am at the new facility, but will be home 7ish, if you email me your email address I will take a picture of the main panel, just to be sure, and send it to you

Best
Chris

Joe, I checked last night, I think my units may not work for you, the line comes in, and each of the phase converters has its own 225 amp breaker, that goes to the unit, then out to a 200 amp 3 phase breaker. My electrician was a lot closer to being correct, than I was.

Hope you find what you need.
Chris

Good morning all,
I wanted to update this thread, One of the converters has been sold, Thank you Jim, best of luck with the converter, and your future endeavors.

Second converter is still available, and thank you everyone.
regards
Chris

Back