What's new
What's new

2006 HAAS VF3ss/APC

wheelieking71

Diamond
2006 HAAS VF3ss/APC

Options include:
SS, Pallet-Changer, and 40+1 Tool Side-Mount ATC.
Also wired and equipped for both 4th & 5th axis.
90 gallon coolant tank, 34 position P-Cool, and chip auger.
1200CFM Mist-Away mist collector.
This machine is RS-232 only. No USB. Not even floppy. RS-232 only.
Although: I just had a tech here to replace the battery. He told me everything is there to install a floppy. Even the cable to the control.
Which means, it would be easy to do a USB emulator. I have the RS-232 dialed in well, and this machine is dedicated to one part. So I have no need.
Spindle, and all axis run quiet and smooth. Please come inspect.
It runs production for 8hrs minimum daily. It will be running if you come to inspect before 3pm.
So, expect to see a dirty machine full of chips, making hundreds of parts daily. (I did NOT clean it for the pics)
I try to keep a tidy shop and machines. But, it is in a working shop. Its not squeaky clean. Study the pics.
I highly recommend an inspection in person. If I sell this I do not want any surprises!
I am getting 100% spindle up-time in this machine. It runs perfectly. The pallet changer is a godsend to throughput!
I will leave the 1.5" mic-6 sub-plates on the pallets if desired.
But, the vises are not included. Unless one wants to pay for them. A deal could be worked up if somebody really wanted them.

Only reason I am selling: as awesome as the pallet changer has been, I bought a Brother R650X1, and it is significantly more efficient.
I want to sell the HAAS, and buy another Brother R650X1. The HAAS will remain in production until that happens. But, another Brother is the plan.

$49,500 and I will pay my rigger to pull it and set on your transport.

On the 40 tool ATC: in production, across many vises or parts, it's great. Pre-call tool staging eliminates a lag.
I am running 10 parts per pallet, and even a simple spot-drill hitting a single hole per part, allows enough time to pre-stage any tool on the wheel.
If you would be running single parts, or any cycle less than about 30 seconds, there can be a lag while the big carousel catches up.
Just a friendly warning (something I never even though about before purchase). In those quicker situations, a guy might be better off with a 24+1 changer.

Full disclosure: This thing is set up to run a 5 axis trunnion.
Well, the B-axis servo drive is in a fault condition. The little fuse that lights up orange when they go, is lit up orange.
I was supposed to get the trunnion when I bought the machine. But, well, don't get me started on that. That is a sour subject.....
I have no need for that drive currently, so I have not had it repaired.

That is the only issue. Everything else functions 100%. I obviously installed air-lines at all three stations.
This was done with copper tubing across the rear/top of the machine in a very neat and clean fashion.
It is much nicer than the garbage it left HAAS with in 06'. I like a lot of air for blowing stuff off. Somebody else may want a regulator! HAHA
I also installed a coolant filter, and proper wash-down hose. Again, nice stuff.
I also replaced the coolant feed line to the spindle head at that time. That stuff gets dry and cracks.

still available?

Good morning,

Machine looks good, although not a big fan of pallet changers. How flexible are you on price?

Jason

2006 HAAS VF3ss/APC

Options include:
SS, Pallet-Changer, and 40+1 Tool Side-Mount ATC.
Also wired and equipped for both 4th & 5th axis.
90 gallon coolant tank, 34 position P-Cool, and chip auger.
1200CFM Mist-Away mist collector.
This machine is RS-232 only. No USB. Not even floppy. RS-232 only.
Although: I just had a tech here to replace the battery. He told me everything is there to install a floppy. Even the cable to the control.
Which means, it would be easy to do a USB emulator. I have the RS-232 dialed in well, and this machine is dedicated to one part. So I have no need.
Spindle, and all axis run quiet and smooth. Please come inspect.
It runs production for 8hrs minimum daily. It will be running if you come to inspect before 3pm.
So, expect to see a dirty machine full of chips, making hundreds of parts daily. (I did NOT clean it for the pics)
I try to keep a tidy shop and machines. But, it is in a working shop. Its not squeaky clean. Study the pics.
I highly recommend an inspection in person. If I sell this I do not want any surprises!
I am getting 100% spindle up-time in this machine. It runs perfectly. The pallet changer is a godsend to throughput!
I will leave the 1.5" mic-6 sub-plates on the pallets if desired.
But, the vises are not included. Unless one wants to pay for them. A deal could be worked up if somebody really wanted them.

Only reason I am selling: as awesome as the pallet changer has been, I bought a Brother R650X1, and it is significantly more efficient.
I want to sell the HAAS, and buy another Brother R650X1. The HAAS will remain in production until that happens. But, another Brother is the plan.

$49,500 and I will pay my rigger to pull it and set on your transport.

On the 40 tool ATC: in production, across many vises or parts, it's great. Pre-call tool staging eliminates a lag.
I am running 10 parts per pallet, and even a simple spot-drill hitting a single hole per part, allows enough time to pre-stage any tool on the wheel.
If you would be running single parts, or any cycle less than about 30 seconds, there can be a lag while the big carousel catches up.
Just a friendly warning (something I never even though about before purchase). In those quicker situations, a guy might be better off with a 24+1 changer.

Full disclosure: This thing is set up to run a 5 axis trunnion.
Well, the B-axis servo drive is in a fault condition. The little fuse that lights up orange when they go, is lit up orange.
I was supposed to get the trunnion when I bought the machine. But, well, don't get me started on that. That is a sour subject.....
I have no need for that drive currently, so I have not had it repaired.

That is the only issue. Everything else functions 100%. I obviously installed air-lines at all three stations.
This was done with copper tubing across the rear/top of the machine in a very neat and clean fashion.
It is much nicer than the garbage it left HAAS with in 06'. I like a lot of air for blowing stuff off. Somebody else may want a regulator! HAHA
I also installed a coolant filter, and proper wash-down hose. Again, nice stuff.
I also replaced the coolant feed line to the spindle head at that time. That stuff gets dry and cracks.

Good morning,

Machine looks good, although not a big fan of pallet changers. How flexible are you on price?

Jason

Not very flexible at all. This machine more than earns it's keep daily.
I wouldn't turn down a serious offer. But, I wont knock $3k off either.

What is wrong with pallet changers? Do you do production work?
If not, this is probably not the machine for you. If you do, you don't know what you are missing.

Shoving this back up to the top.
As of Tuesday, this beast is going to sit idle for a while. Can't justify keeping a machine that isn't pulling it's weight.

Looking pretty bleak around here. I'm afraid this beast needs to head for greener pastures.
So I am bumping this back to the front page.
It has not ran any parts since November.
It has been fired up several times to break the set-up down, pull tools, and clean.
But, the hours have not changed.

I would think you would sell off the brothers and keep the Vf3ss with a APC ... selling the brothers would free up a "LOT" more money and you would loose vary little production capability.

I would think you would sell off the brothers and keep the Vf3ss with a APC ... selling the brothers would free up a "LOT" more money and you would loose vary little production capability.

I agree, were it not for paying back section 179.
And, the Brother is fast. Way faster.
It will be able to keep up on that job all by itself when it comes back. The HAAS can not.
Not without me giving up my weekends. And, I'm never going back there. I've paid as many dues as I'm gonna pay.

Regardless of which machine you sell the money is taxed as ordinary income.

Yea, it is. They "recapture" it. And, $100k adds up to a pretty penny in taxes.

If the Brother wasn't soo damned fast, I would much rather sell it. As it is far less versatile, and the payment is HUGE.

I am going to put this dude back out on the market.
The hours are now @ 16,638 (Pic taken this morning in debug. Software has never been updated. So hours are accurate)

IMG_1168.jpg

Also a few more pics taken this morning because the ones at the beginning of the thread are well over a year old now.

IMG_1160.jpg

IMG_1161.jpg

IMG_1165.jpg

IMG_1167.jpg

Changes since original post:
The B-servo drive that was faulted has been repaired. Replacement drive from Rich @ Northern Machine Tool Services.
There are now LED cabinet lights inside.
The Aluminum pallets have been removed. And, the chip trays have been modified, and reinstalled.
I removed the vertical wall from the chip trays so chips will blow OFF the trays, rather than up, and or back in your face!

Obviously, no vises or rotary included!

Been running it daily. Runs great. I am just not using the pallet changer (the Brother handles that).
And, it takes up a sizeable chunk of my small shop. I need another spindle right now.
It would be much easier for me to get this beast out of here, and bring in two smaller machines. Than to simple add another machine.
I also need to rearrange, so if I am going to sell it. Now is the perfect time.

Price is still $49,500 loaded.

Back