What's new
What's new

2017 Brother R650X1

wheelieking71

Diamond
In Gilbert, AZ.
2017 Brother R650X1
Nicely optioned (see pic). Very low hours. Never crashed. Still like new.
The job went on hold. Selling for pay-off.
$120,000
20181117_133105.jpg
20181117_131223.jpg
20181117_132333.jpg

Sucks you have to sell it, retracting and or having to change directions is lame.

I have already ordered the material to build another set of risers to put vises in it.
Until the job it was purchased for comes back, the fixtures I built for it are useless.
I have 3,000 more extrusions we are going to run out before years end. Then it sits. For possibly up to a year?
If it doesn't sell? I will put vises in it. (and buy a shit-ton more BT30 holders :( )
But, it is an awful expensive machine to be doing the low-margin stuff I do without the mega volumes.

That sucks man! Hope you sell/recover and all is well in the end.

As an aside, did your customer "drive" that machine purchase? (guess it doesn't matter...)

Years ago we were running parts for a customer that told us we needed more output, or they were taking their product elsewhere. We bought another machine and 6 months later they pulled the work in-house and bought their own machine to run it. :( Damned if you do I guess...

Sorry to hear this Wheelie, I hope things pick up for you.

Does your customer know what's going on?

Would he be willing to help you out til things pick up? maybe work some kind of agreement to pay him back when the work comes back?

Not even sure that's a good idea or even a road you would want to go down, but I figured I'd throw it out there.

Im sure you made good money while it ran! And brother resale value is good so shouldn't be hard to move it right now.

I can't say it didn't make money. It did.
Another year, and I would be sitting pretty. But, it did not put enough in the bank to pay the payments for the next 10 months.
I was able to pay off the huge bill I racked up moving in this shop. And, the 2nd VF2ss.
I don't want to sell it. I want to find work for it. But, if its going to sit idle for 10 months? Its got to go.

Sorry to hear this Wheelie, I hope things pick up for you.

Does your customer know what's going on?

Would he be willing to help you out til things pick up? maybe work some kind of agreement to pay him back when the work comes back?

Not even sure that's a good idea or even a road you would want to go down, but I figured I'd throw it out there.

Ohh yea, he knows! He is really a great dude. He has already helped more than I can tell.
He is going above and beyond to try and keep me busy. I am not bitter at all.

If the HAAS sells, that will buy the Brother a little time. But, I am only going to make so many payments on it while its turned off.

bump.

have you looked into a market you aren't comfortable with? IE finicky stuff, not aluminum, very small/large... etc... Hope things work out!

Hey Wheelie. Have you ever done itty bitty stuff? Like .007-.020" endmills?

Yes, and I am terrible at quoting it. Lost money every single time. But, I was always in a rush. And, at the time only had one spindle.
I did a bunch of tiny stuff at my last "real" job. And, some in the very beginning of B&A.
I would look at it again. But, it is not my forte'. That's not to say I couldn't get very good at it. I am a fast learner.

I hope you can move it quick, or find another job to keep it running soon.

Did you try Resell-CNC? They paid top dollar for my Haas MiniMill.

I hope you can move it quick, or find another job to keep it running soon.

Did you try Resell-CNC? They paid top dollar for my Haas MiniMill.

Trying to find work for it. I really don't want to sell it.
It is getting late in the year. I probably shouldn't make any hasty decisions right now.
I have two places chomping at the bit to list it for me. But, I think I am going to hold off for a while.
There is work out there. I just need to find it. Finding work is not my forte'. It has always seemed to find me.
But, I need to learn the art right quick!

It is getting bleak around here. I am going to need to move this guy out fairly soon.
If nothing pops up in a week or two, its got to go!
I refuse to borrow money to make a payment. And, my guy's paycheck comes first!

It is getting bleak around here. I am going to need to move this guy out fairly soon.
If nothing pops up in a week or two, its got to go!
I refuse to borrow money to make a payment. And, my guy's paycheck comes first!

Sorry to hear that. I was hoping you were bumping this to say "No longer for sale, because you found work."

As much as I hate to do this: To the top! It is time. It has to go. And, right now.
$108K and I will leave the mist collector, and include all the BT30 stuff I have.

Here is a pic of the current hours on machine:

20190702_083014.jpg

Back