Quote Originally Posted by Ianagos View Post
    I vote for this

Most salesmen aren’t that great.
    Do you mean with a baseball bat? sure.

3. Likes Garwood liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This is what dealing with a typically salesman is like.

YouTube

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Maryland
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SIP6A View Post
    Then do something about it.
    RESELL CNC - how exactly is a mid-sized dealer company more than 5 states away supposed to stop their practices exactly?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Maryland
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This is what dealing with a typically salesman is like.

YouTube

Again, I can guess you previously went with a larger dealer that promised you the world and didn't deliver. Next time know the biggest company out there doesn't always have the best practices. I hope you get through your anger towards an entire career path of different people subsides with reflection and time. Cheers!

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

So much Noise,such a waste of time & energy. No one likes salesmen, fact. I hate salesmen too, go figure.
    I Can't buy something with value (investment)without a seller, even an Italian like myself figured that out.

So check it out, what I am offering is a Drill/Tap, you decide the quality by its construction & equipped options, I won't sell you.

We OWN the machine, It is in like new condition, it is on our floor and was purchased in 2018 for inventory. We are open to serious offers, subject YOUR INSPECTION... a salesman can't lie about inspection RESULTS, for those still worried about a salesman screwing them.

Now that we settled those concerns, if anyone has interest, please let me know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by HAAS Guy View Post
    RESELL CNC - how exactly is a mid-sized dealer company more than 5 states away supposed to stop their practices exactly?
    You police you own kind. It isn't like the salesman in Michigan are any worse than the salesman in Illinois. (and by the way Illinois is 2 states away from Michigan)

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Again, I can guess you previously went with a larger dealer that promised you the world and didn't deliver. Next time know the biggest company out there doesn't always have the best practices. I hope you get through your anger towards an entire career path of different people subsides with reflection and time. Cheers!
    well you guessed wrong, this is based with my dealing with all salesman over 40 years.

I'm not angry just pointing out the truth.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Cerrito View Post
    I Can't buy something with value (investment)without a seller
    A seller and a salesman are two completely different things. If your buying from the owner you have a chance of dealing with somebody honest, with a salesman you know up front that you are going to be cheated and lied to.

We OWN the machine, It is in like new condition, it is on our floor and was purchased in 2018 for inventory. We are open to serious offers, subject YOUR INSPECTION... a salesman can't lie about inspection RESULTS, for those still worried about a salesman screwing them.
    The particular machine you trying to sell here is irrelevant. You're only interest is sell, sell, sell, collect your commission and move on to the next live one. the customer's need are irrelevant.You know that if a customer comes in and does an inspection and any concerns they bring up you can pound away and pound away and make the sale. Because you a good salesman.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Maybe you could find a HONEST lawyer and sic him on them..

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Georgia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by R. Dan View Post
    Maybe you could find a HONEST lawyer and sic him on them..
    Probably easier to find a good salesman. Hard to find too many honest people out there these days.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A seller and a salesman are two completely different things. If your buying from the owner you have a chance of dealing with somebody honest, with a salesman you know up front that you are going to be cheated and lied to.

The particular machine you trying to sell here is irrelevant. You're only interest is sell, sell, sell, collect your commission and move on to the next live one. the customer's need are irrelevant.You know that if a customer comes in and does an inspection and any concerns they bring up you can pound away and pound away and make the sale. Because you a good salesman.
    If issues come up, which they have before, the buyer is not obligated to purchase the machine or the BUYER can research the cost of those repairs and ask to adjust the offer accordingly. I can give you a list of our customers, feel free and call them.
    With all the information on the internet I would suggest you do your own research on any investments you make. You will no more about the machine you are interested in than most sales rep you contact. I am happy to be a resource for you also, even tho you are being a meanie head and judging my character. It is my job to follow the market, technologies, pricing etc. I always share what I know to ANYONE looking to make a purchase, just let me know. You don't have to be buying a machine from me for me to help, it is what I do 12-14 hours a day. You can reach me on here anytime. I may have questions for you also, cuz I am always learning day in and day out. Thats what drives me. With that I leave you with this quote....by who?

“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place, and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard you hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward; how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done! Now, if you know what you're worth, then go out and get what you're worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain't you. You're better than that! I'm always gonna love you, no matter what. No matter what happens."

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

I am probably not a good salesman, nor have I really ever considered myself one. I started out as a machinist,moved to programmer before my hours went from 70 to 32 when CAT work died in 2015. Those years were worse than 2008-2009 for us. I couldn't see myself outside of this industry so here I am. Shoot I wasn't making the hourly wages paid today, it is insane. Great careers to be had in the industry if we could only get our schools more involved w/ the youth.

I have no promises I can break. Everything used is offered as is,our buyers do all their own inspections before accepting. All I do is offer what we have and it is up to the buyer to figure out how they can make profit with it & what the risk is worth to them. These machines are investments for the buyer, how is it in my favor? All that noise above sounds like new equipment promises broken and lack of support.

I always recommend for buyers to buy on support in their area. After all the machine tools made today basically share the same components. You can tell a Japanese machine from Korean or one made in Taiwan. I can't promise much more than what I have to offer but I can tell you pricing, who has the best bank for their buck, factories they are made, similar machine capabilities, current pricing and advantages. I can also tell you what other users experience with certain builders, pros and cons. All advantages for you, not me.

I love my job. I have learned more in the 4 years of sales than the 10 years I worked in a shop. for every guy who wants to bust my chops for being a "salesman" I meet 10 that teach me new things, I would have never learned in my old shops.
    Oopsie.....:
    Spam email

15. Likes SIP6A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If issues come up, which they have before, the buyer is not obligated to purchase the machine or the BUYER can research the cost of those repairs and ask to adjust the offer accordingly. I can give you a list of our customers, feel free and call them.
    With all the information on the internet I would suggest you do your own research on any investments you make. You will no more about the machine you are interested in than most sales rep you contact. I am happy to be a resource for you also, even tho you are being a meanie head and judging my character. It is my job to follow the market, technologies, pricing etc. I always share what I know to ANYONE looking to make a purchase, just let me know. You don't have to be buying a machine from me for me to help, it is what I do 12-14 hours a day. You can reach me on here anytime. I may have questions for you also, cuz I am always learning day in and day out. Thats what drives me. With that I leave you with this quote....by who?

“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place, and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard you hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward; how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done! Now, if you know what you're worth, then go out and get what you're worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain't you. You're better than that! I'm always gonna love you, no matter what. No matter what happens."
    This is typical salesman bullshit. To matter what somebody points out they always have a snappy comeback.

"I' m always gonna love you, no matter what. No matter what happens"

This is just fucking creepy.

This board isn't for salesmen. It's for people that make things I suggest that you go peddle you wares someplace else.
    You have made it abundantly clear that you have nothing to contribute to this board. Your only reason for being on here is to sell. If you were to read the rules your only supposed to sell if you contribute to the discourse. The only thing you have done in your 45 posts is attempt to sell to people that have no interest in buying what your selling.

I have over 2600 posts, most are attempting to help people.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This is typical salesman bullshit. To matter what somebody points out they always have a snappy comeback.

"I' m always gonna love you, no matter what. No matter what happens"

This is just fucking creepy.

This board isn't for salesmen. It's for people that make things I suggest that you go peddle you wares someplace else.
    You have made it abundantly clear that you have nothing to contribute to this board. Your only reason for being on here is to sell. If you were to read the rules your only supposed to sell if you contribute to the discourse. The only thing you have done in your 45 posts is attempt to sell to people that have no interest in buying what your selling.

I have over 2600 posts, most are attempting to help people.

Believe it or not your message was heard loud and clear. After crashing my first machine, right in front of my boss, I felt sick. I thought, " man I am done." He wasn't mad, reminding me we all screw up. Just as long as you learn from the mistake (made a .5" offset instead .005") he will never be mad at . I have a quarter of your experience in this industry and I'd be a fool to not listen to what you have to say.

I always joke that when I wore steel toe boots, dirty jeans and smelled like coolant, I was liked. Joining the sales side has been a great experience and I am enjoying this chapter in my life,we never know how long it will last. I represent every machine tool to my best ability. You assumed because I sell equipment, I must be a liar, cheat etc. I am far from those things but shouldn't have gotten offended with you because you wouldn't know and you were making just a general statement which is how I should have read it.After all I was raised with my old man telling me the same thing about salesmen. He likes to give me shit all the time about it and how "soft" & pretty my hands are now.

The quote above is a Sly Stallone quote, not mine. It couldn't be more perfect for this time. Watching unemployment numbers, Q1 numbers coming out with Automotive taking a beating, Boeing etc, knowing Q1 has a great chance of being heaven compared to what Q2 likely has in store. We all have to find ways to adapt, move forward and get back to our feet. This virus is brutal and the end is yet to be known. Worse more could it relapse once under control? Do you think the government assistance/Stimulus will help?

If I didn't see your point above,I would have just ignored this but strangely I think perhaps you are right. I have to admit, I was being that annoying guy that I hate seeing when I am on my car forums...tough pill to swallow.

Take care of yourself. Stay healthy and well.