4th Axis Prep
Air Blow
Top Cover
Enclosure
Work Light

Machine is under power for inspectionKT420.jpg

what wrong with salesmen? :)

Gee where to start.

If given the choice between telling the truth and lying and it doesn't make any difference, they will lie on principle.

When trying to sell you something, what you need is irrelevant, they will try and sell you whatever has the highest margin.

Before your purchase, there your best buddy, after purchase when you have a problem there "in a meeting" won't return calls, texts or emails

Tells you the terms you agree too are fine, Then after you sign there completely different. (always in there favor)

I am probably not a good salesman, nor have I really ever considered myself one. I started out as a machinist,moved to programmer before my hours went from 70 to 32 when CAT work died in 2015. Those years were worse than 2008-2009 for us. I couldn't see myself outside of this industry so here I am. Shoot I wasn't making the hourly wages paid today, it is insane. Great careers to be had in the industry if we could only get our schools more involved w/ the youth.

I have no promises I can break. Everything used is offered as is,our buyers do all their own inspections before accepting. All I do is offer what we have and it is up to the buyer to figure out how they can make profit with it & what the risk is worth to them. These machines are investments for the buyer, how is it in my favor? All that noise above sounds like new equipment promises broken and lack of support.

I always recommend for buyers to buy on support in their area. After all the machine tools made today basically share the same components. You can tell a Japanese machine from Korean or one made in Taiwan. I can't promise much more than what I have to offer but I can tell you pricing, who has the best bank for their buck, factories they are made, similar machine capabilities, current pricing and advantages. I can also tell you what other users experience with certain builders, pros and cons. All advantages for you, not me.

I love my job. I have learned more in the 4 years of sales than the 10 years I worked in a shop. for every guy who wants to bust my chops for being a "salesman" I meet 10 that teach me new things, I would have never learned in my old shops.

You are right, I don't participate enough on here. Just when I have questions about new controls I dont understand. Only forum I am active on is thirgen.org for my poor Iroc projects. :( I should be more active on here. There is a lot of great material on here.

For you and your guys- CNC BOOKS

Old USB I found last week, cleaning my stuff out prepping to work from home with this virus stuff. Some old reading material you or your guys might like. I put it on my website to download cuz it was the only way I knew how to make it available to everyone. I have all Peter Smids books on another USB somewhere I hope to find. They are good!

Take care and stay Healthy. Hopefully you are all able to work through this.

Gee where to start.

If given the choice between telling the truth and lying and it doesn't make any difference, they will lie on principle.

When trying to sell you something, what you need is irrelevant, they will try and sell you whatever has the highest margin.

Before your purchase, there your best buddy, after purchase when you have a problem there "in a meeting" won't return calls, texts or emails

Tells you the terms you agree too are fine, Then after you sign there completely different. (always in there favor)

Sounds like you have just had poor salesmen more than anything.

"Anything" ?

Rules here are for contributing members, selling stuff they own.

Not dealers.

Period.

I don't disagree. I am a dealer and I do not post in the classifieds. I simply lurk through forums to learn more about manufacturing.

I am simply saying that what the user above posted about used dealers is not correct. My company walks through the entire process with a seller/buyer, provides guarantees, and works on deals beneficial to both parties. To lump all dealers together because of the practices of a few of the larger players out there.....is simply silly.

I am simply saying that what the user above posted about used dealers is not correct.

What I posted is absolutely correct.

I'm not talking about just used machinery salesmen I'm talking about ALL salesmen. I'm going around and around with an insurance salesman right now. When I signed the contract a year ago I was quoted a price, ask how long this price would last was told "oh it will be a couple of years before you will see any increase" Got the bill yesterday and it went up by 15% (for comparison the inflation rate in 2019 was 2.28%) When I called the office the call went right into voicemail and of 4:30 today hasn't been returned.

What do I need to do to stop getting cold calls from a hass salesman? got one today.

So tonight or tomorrow depending on your shift maybe you can put prices up on your web site. I am not sure what Quote to dollar exchange rate is.

What I posted is absolutely correct.

I'm not talking about just used machinery salesmen I'm talking about ALL salesmen. I'm going around and around with an insurance salesman right now. When I signed the contract a year ago I was quoted a price, ask how long this price would last was told "oh it will be a couple of years before you will see any increase" Got the bill yesterday and it went up by 15% (for comparison the inflation rate in 2019 was 2.28%) When I called the office the call went right into voicemail and of 4:30 today hasn't been returned.

What do I need to do to stop getting cold calls from a hass salesman? got one today.

Again, my man, sounds like you simply have a poor salesman. Working like that goes against everything I stand for. Only pursue deals that give value equally to both parties and I know many others who operate the same.

I don't deny you there are plenty of terrible salesmen out there. Plenty are slimy and turn tail as soon as they have the money. Many of the bigger guys have operated this way for a long time. But just know there are plenty of us that do not appreciate the poor image they give others in the industry.

Back