What's new
What's new

2ea 2000 Mori-Seiki SH-50 HMC's for sale by me the owner - Short sale

llf264

Cast Iron
2ea 2000 Mori-Seiki SH-50 HMC's for sale by me the owner - Short sale - Fort Worth,TX

Both located plus other CNC Swiss Lathes for sale in Fort Worth, TX.

Hi guys, I am moving shops and making the switch to higher axis machining. I am taking two of the HMC's with me and selling or scrapping the other two.

Of the 4 machines I have, one can be considered a parts machine (B axis encoder needs replaced, one hydraulic leek needs fixed, and I stole one of the two lubricators off it. I rebuilt it but have not put it back on and it needs a good cleaning for the Z axis to free up as it has sat for a year. Occasionally, it will display an "8" after the boot cycle which indicates the comms section of the main board is failing. It happens more often and requires several reboots before getting lucky. I have ALL manuals and parameters printed out and back up. It would make a good machine for someone with time on their hands or many of the same existing unit. I cannot guarantee it to boot up so selling as a parts machine. It has a MAPPS 503 front end on a Fanuc 16ima control. I can show you how to bypass it and run in straight Fanuc mode if you don't like the MAPPS front end. This one has a 1 degree B 4th axis table.

The 2nd machine needs a new spindle but everything else works last time I fired it up. It has a straight Fanuc 16ma on it with standard interface. I have a spare new in box spindle for that machine so by itself the spindle is worth $12k if you can install it yourself. This one has a continuous 4th axis on it.

There is a fair amount of my rebuild history avail for perusal in the DMG/Mori forum under SH-50 or SH-503.

This is a short sale for anyone that can rig them out themselves. Otherwise you'll have to use one of the local name-brand riggers. I recommend DFW Movers but there are several other qualified riggers in the area. Each machine is 28-32k pounds. One has a LARGE high-volume chip conveyor.

Cutting x, y, z volume is on the order of 24"+, 25"+, 26"+ with 12k rpm spindles, and coolant through.

The first person that proves that they can rig them out of my building before the end of the month can buy them at $1000 each unless someone offers more $ than $1k before 2pm Mon 19-Aug, 2019. If no-one is willing to pay $1k, then I'll strip them, keep the control parts and major motors and ballscrews and basic parts for the other two HMC's and scrap the rest starting Sep 1st.

If someone wants to make a "decent" offer to buy it now, I'll say yes if it gets me ahead of schedule for the end of the month move. You don't have to ask what decent is because you already have a bottom line price. If you want me to part them out, make an offer for a group of parts and I'll scrap the rest but I would MUCH prefer them to go to a good home. I have invested a lot of time and bloody knuckles and research getting them to where they are. I am sad to see them go, but it's time to move up.

email me for pics.

Last edited:
That's a great deal for the right person. I hope it works for you and a buyer. I would sell my big vertical and take you up on the one with the bad spindle, but I'm not equipped for a job like that so far from home.

Hope somebody jumps all over it.

Hi,
I have one of these SH-50, and could definitely use some parts. Please let me know if you are parting them out.

Thanks

Vegard

I'll take these machines off your hands for $1k ea. I can fix them up and I have work that fits within their envelope. I like that control as I can do quite a bit of tweaking to it and rebuild the drives in-house. That's a Fanuc 16i M right?

I have a thread on how I'm completely restoring a Deckel Maho 5 axis trunnion horizontal, these are simple compared to that machine (40k lbs).

Contest for the most insane member (They will be a Maho owner)

Please PM me and we can go through the details.

Regards,

Dave @ Nerv

I'll take these machines off your hands for $1k ea. I can fix them up and I have work that fits within their envelope. I like that control as I can do quite a bit of tweaking to it and rebuild the drives in-house. That's a Fanuc 16i M right?

I have a thread on how I'm completely restoring a Deckel Maho 5 axis trunnion horizontal, these are simple compared to that machine (40k lbs).

Contest for the most insane member (They will be a Maho owner)

Please PM me and we can go through the details.

Regards,

Dave @ Nerv

Dave, call me at: ate for 77one for three zero ate 6. My neighbor is getting his ducks in a row to make the move so you'll have to call me and make a final offer quickly.

Back