What's new
What's new

3+1 Mazak Ultra 650 Horizontal Milling Centers on pallet system.

I purchased a building that was previously a production machine shop that manufactured aircraft components, mainly landing gear. It came with four Mazak Ultra 650 Horizontal Milling Centers. A Mazak technician came to inspect them for a interested buyer and had 2 of the machines running and said the spindles were in great shape on them. The 3rd machine was brain dead from the power being off to it for too long and would need reprogrammed to get the machine running. All machines are late 1995, early 1996 models with M Plus controls and CAT 50 tooling. Have tons of manuals

On the FMS system:
1 Mazak Ultra 650 Horizontal Milling Center – full 4 axis
2 Mazak Ultra 650 Horizontal Milling Centers – 3 axis with 1 degree indexing
Each machine has a 120 count Automatic Tool Changer
1 Rail Guided Vehicle (RGV)
4 Pallet rotating work stations
33 Fixed Pallet Stations (Bleachers)
33 Pallets, some with various tombstones and fixtures attached

Spare parts:
1 Mazak Ultra 650 Horizontal Milling Center Parts machine – full 4 axis with front end for stand alone use and 40 count ATC. Parts could be combined with one of the other machines to either have a stand alone 3 or 4 axis or to have another 4 axis machine on the system.
1 RGV
Extra FMS power station and manual control center
1 Pallet rotating work station
8 Bleachers
Refurbished Spindle Motor
Refurbished Hydraulic motor and pump
Spindle Head
Countless smaller spare parts including: Control panels, Circuit boards, Screens, Cat 50 tool holders, pull screws

Asking $140,000 for everything, would like to sell as lot but will consider separating. Located in Leland, NC. Installment payment plans available to qualified buyers.

Call 330-442-7879 or email [email protected]

Click on thumbnails to enlarge

Wasnt there someone who posted on the forum from that place? Seems to me a few years ago there was someone working at a place that made landing gear and in that area. Trying to remember his name.....:(

Charles

I can provide the contact info for the veteran Mazak technician that came and actually inspected the machines on a buyer's behalf if you want correct information and not hear say. The investment company that I bought the building from had a UCC loan against the machines, Twin Precision got foreclosed on by that investment company and went out of business. It's not like they moved and just left them behind.

Pantera, who are you actually? I've seen you sign threads as Dave, Leo, Harry, and Mike.

Depends who at our company is reading, replying, asking. There is Five of us here that frequent this good site. Just don't want to see anyone on here get taken into something that could possibly be a nightmare.. I personally know John, the owner from the former aeropace mfg. TWIN PRECISION which moved from LI-NY to NC. Before John went belly up he sold the "runners" to another firm down the street, HSM-MFG. From what John himself told me was that he left those machines before he pulled the plug because they were not worth moving. I viewed the machines with possible interest in buying from John before you ever thought about buying the building, in which the machines were abandon. When I viewed them, over a year ago, they looked far from operational. Thats all I'm saying, I have done much business with Premier, Steve Collins for over 2 decades, so I take his word to be pretty solid. Not trying to ruin your sale, but your listing in here is very mis-leading.. And that's putting it lightly. You PM me saying its none of my business, maybe not, but this page is a close knit family of machinists, you come to this board, one post trying to sell 120k worth of machines that you say your going to scrap if you don't sell?? Doesn't make much sense to me.. Have a nice day, and Good luck with your sale. Not going back and forth, I don't have a horse in the race. Dave- Buckshot MFG. Co.

Depends who at our company is reading, replying, asking. There is Five of us here that frequent this good site. Just don't want to see anyone on here get taken into something that could possibly be a nightmare.. I personally know John, the owner from the former aeropace mfg. TWIN PRECISION which moved from LI-NY to NC. Before John went belly up he sold the "runners" to another firm down the street, HSM-MFG. From what John himself told me was that he left those machines before he pulled the plug because they were not worth moving. I viewed the machines with possible interest in buying from John before you ever thought about buying the building, in which the machines were abandon. When I viewed them, over a year ago, they looked far from operational. Thats all I'm saying, I have done much business with Premier, Steve Collins for over 2 decades, so I take his word to be pretty solid. Not trying to ruin your sale, but your listing in here is very mis-leading.. And that's putting it lightly. You PM me saying its none of my business, maybe not, but this page is a close knit family of machinists, you come to this board, one post trying to sell 120k worth of machines that you say your going to scrap if you don't sell?? Doesn't make much sense to me.. Have a nice day, and Good luck with your sale. Not going back and forth, I don't have a horse in the race. Dave- Buckshot MFG. Co.

It's posts like this that really make me appreciate PM.

I would like to know what is misleading about it, because that is not my intention with this post. I know that they sold the newer machines to HSM and that John's son still works for Bob. This building was built in 2008 and opened in 2009 and the machines were brought in, fixed up and used until Twin Precision went under. I have talked to some of the machinists that used to run them, and the Mazak guy that set them up for John and did some repairs on them in this building. They are older (in the world of CNC) and very large machines that may not have been worth HSM's time, money, and space to move, especially sense they likely have newer horizontals. I know that Mazak Horizontals of this age list for $70-90K and sell for $50K+; I am asking $120K for 3 of them and a pallet system (actually 2 pallet systems), and have never posted that I was going to scrap them. I posted that I would consider parting them out, which I already have some offers for. I have watched the machines run and the tech take measurements of play in the spindles. I cannot see anyone spend this kind of money sight un-seen on machines of this age - so I don't know how anyone would get "taken".

There was a whole lot that got left behind in this building that would surprise most people, and from my understanding that was partly from John going through a divorce. There were thousands of pounds of scrap aluminum and titanium left behind, a good bit of carbide scrap, 2 Quincy Rotary Air Compressors, 2 Starrett surface plates (both of which I sold), a nice fork lift, and loads of tooling, much of it new - all things that could have been sold for thousands of dollars quickly. The real estate agent that sold the building found a pallet of parts ready to ship to a client, called them, and sold it to them for $12K; which was probably considerably less than what they were worth.

Back