What's new
What's new

50" Etalon Vernier Caliper

Bill Schrade

Plastic
Good morning,

I was cleaning out a house of a family friend who passed away and found a 50" Etalon Vernier Caliper.
In excellent condition in original box. Does any body use these anymore having become obsolete with the digital and dial calipers available today? Will consider selling and will entertain offers or maybe just hang it on the wall.

I have some 24" Verniers I use from time to time. They are fine for occasional need. I am sure yours will sell eventually. Take some pics and come up with a price.

Obsolete my ass. Those verniers will still work perfectly 100 years from now, when every single electronic piece of crap on the planet has disintegrated into spooge.

Fuck electronics. Unreliable shit is what they are.
People dont know how to use them anymore. My supervisor at work said they weren't precise enough and he got the same measurement with the electronics that I got with the verniers.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Definitely still use! I purchased a W German roughly 4' vernier several years back for $200 (funny Canadian money) from a retiring Swiss guy local to me. Use it several times a year, and would NOT sell it. The shorter the jaws the better...

Now if I could find a good condition Chesterman 26" height gage with original extras and box, I'd be a happy man. ;-)

Lucky7

People dont know how to use them anymore. My supervisor at work said they weren't precise enough and he got the same measurement with the electronics that I got with the verniers.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

My issue is the declining eye sight for small print. I have to grab a 5x loupe in good lighting to read them.

I prefer vernier scale on occasional use stuff.No going to it to find dead battery that has corroded the terminals. No errors sign because of coolant ingress.
Can’t see to read em though

Back