What's new
What's new

Acorn Table in Stamford CT Scrapyard

adammil1

Titanium
Since I know how rare these things tend to be I figured I would post this here. I stumbled on an acorn table at Vulcan Scrap in Stamford CT. It is an interesting place to wonder around by the way if you are ever in the area. If I didn't already have a pretty good welding table I think I may have been tempted. No idea what they would want for it but I thought I would post for people here to see it. I should also mention it is broken in half but I think with some clever angle irons that and a trip to a blanchard grinder it may all be fixable. No idea if it all would be worth it in the end nor what they would charge but I thought I would post this here if someone is interested.

IMG_20151017_091035930[1].jpg
By the way contact details are as follows
60 Taff Ave, Stamford, CT 06902
(203) 357-1720

Man, just left there this morning headed back to FL. Don't think the car rental place would like that strapped to the roof rack.

Vulcan's a neat place to shop. Deals aren't as good as they used to be, but you can still find interesting stuff. Lots of aluminum, brass and stainless scrap, fasteners, machine tool parts. You never know what you are going to find there. My dad got his Clausing 5914 there about 30 years ago.

Steve

By the way Steve, thanks for the tip on them a while back,. Their prices aren't really the greatest both in terms of what they pay for scrap, and what they charge I want to say I got less than about $1 for clean copper pipe and then paid about $5lb on copper and brass on the other end, but they do have some neat stuff. They wouldn't bargain either. However on the other hand it by sheer coincidence they just so happened to have the material I really needed, after pricing around it was going to be about $1000, to buy what I got for them for about $220, for some copper and brass sheets. So I guess I did well.

So all and all I would recommend them as a trip if in the area, and I wish I could find more neat places like them around here.

Back