What's new
What's new

Arboga EM825 milling machine for sale

SteveM

Diamond
I am selling my dad's machine shop, which includes several machines, lots of tools and tooling and raw materials.

First up is his vertical milling machine. I was going to keep this, but I need to get my Bridgeport M head mounted to my horizontal instead.

The mill is similar in size to a Clausing 8xxx mill, but with a slightly shorter table.

Perfect for a home shop, particularly if you need to get it into a basement with no ground-level access.

Information on Arboga mills can be found at:
http://www.lathes.co.uk/arboga/index.html
http://www.lathes.co.uk/arboga/page4.html
ArbogaMill (1).jpg

Gear head mill, 125 to 3480 RPM. 3-phase
Uses a gearbox to get four different ratios and the motor has two speeds.
250, 830, 1060, 3430 in high,
125, 415, 550. 1740 in low
ArbogaMill (3).jpg

Includes an Albrect keyless chuck 1/8"-5/8" range on Morse Taper 3 arrbor.
Note that this is not an Arboga-type arbor with the collar, so it would be for drilling only.
ArbogaMill (4).jpg

Includes a rotary phase converter that Dad used with it.
I checked it out and it started and ran and powered the mill.
The converter is sold as-is.
Included the box with the starter button and all wiring.
The input is 220v.
The mill runs smooth in all gears. The motor is 2-speed.
The high works fine in all 4 selected speeds, but sounds sluggish in the two higher gears.
Fine in the two lower gears.
ArbogaMill (5).jpg
ArbogaMill (6).jpg
More pics and text coming - board allows 5 pics per post.

Steve

The head is kept in alignment when raising / lowering by the sides of the rack, which are ground and run against gibs.
This is unlike some mill/drills where moving the head up/down loses your position.
The head tilts, but has no nod. There is a locking pin to lock the head into the vertical position.
ArbogaMill (4).jpg

Arboga mills use MT3 taper tooling held in place with a collar.
Tooling is included, including several arbors and sets of collets.

You can see the spindle tooling mechanism here:
http://www.practicalmachinist.com/v...arbor-removal-em-825_u2508_spindle-nut-1-.jpg

Collet chuck 1
1W&S 1/4", 1/2" and homemade 3/4"
You can get more collets on ebay:
262441966361 | eBay
ArbogaMill (9).jpg

Collet chuck 2
Made in Sweden, probably the original
2 collets, 3/8 and 1/2"
ArbogaMill (10).jpg

Collet chuck 3
looks like Brown & Sharpe 00
Some collets marked, some not.
Look to be:
5/16
1/8 (2)
3/16
1/4
4125 (2)
1/2

Brown & Sharpe 00 collets are available cheap on ebay.
ArbogaMill (11).jpg

Includes two locking collars.
One is deeper than the other, probably to fit one of the collet chucks.
ArbogaMill (12).jpg

Unknown vise which is not a Kurt nor Kurt-type vise.
5-1/2" wide, opens to 6-1/2. On swivel base that may or may not belong to it. Includes all clamping hardware and handle.
ArbogaMill (14).jpg

Has both a drill press lever and a fine feed handwheel.
4-1/4" quill travel
Fine feed is activated / deactivated by pulling the downlever in or out.
The column is not all the way up in the pictures, and it can go all the way down until the casting on the top meets the base casting.
ArbogaMill (16).jpg

Table 9-1/2" x 22-1/4" with 2 t-slots (no center slot)
Slots are 1/2" wide (7/16" bolts)
16" long travel, 7-3/4" in,
ArbogaMill (19).jpg

ArbogaMill (17).jpg

ArbogaMill (18).jpg

Will throw in a collection of end mills, some 3 morse taper drifts (which are needed to remove the tooling)
Will throw in a boring head if I can find one with a straight shank (a taper one cannot be used as there is no way to lock it)
Or I can give you a MT3 one and you can figure out how to make it lock.
If I can find a slitting arbor and some blades, I will throw that in as well, but I haven't found those yet.

There is a misting unit on magnet on the side of the machine, and that is included.

Includes your typical Bridgeport-type clamping kit in a holder (may or may not be complete).

Needs to be moved up and out thru a Bilco door on concrete steps. Weight is about 530 lbs. You will need to bring muscle and possibly any planks and / or blocking needed to move it. The street is about 30 feet away and it is a straight and level run to the street.

The head can be lowered all the way down to the table and the head tilted for transport.

Price $2,500 includes mill, vise, all machine-specific spindle tooling and rotary phase converter, as well as the tooling mentioned above.

Pricing is not rigid.

As I am selling this for my dad, not looking for trades.

Machine is located in Stamford, CT, on the coast near the NY border.

Steve

Price reduced to $2,000.

Great mill for a home shop, as it is easier to move than a Bridgeport, and a lot better than a chicom mill drill.

Comes with so much tooling you will need to bring boxes.

Steve

Since were reviving the dead here anyway, if you don’t mind saying, what’d you get for it?

Can't give an amount, not because I don't want to, or if I told you I'd have to kill you. It was part of a package deal with other machines and a hole lot of tooling and supplies. If I had a gun to my head and had to give a number, it was probably around $1,500 of the total.

Steve

Back