What's new
What's new

Arrow 500 parting out

jeff238

Plastic
Parting an Cincinnati Arrow 500 with the CT control.
Complete functional low hours machine, only issue is memory is lost. Battery issues on memory board just repaired. On startup just shows MEM1 LED on, so won't boot. I have some files, but not sure I have all that are needed to get it booted.
All parts available. Many cables have been cut.
Was stored in a not-so-dry warehouse, so some things have rust.
Was a running machine in 2000 when stored.
Machine is completely disassembled.

Located in Elma, Wa. 98541

Email [email protected] for requirements and shipping estimate. Put Arrow 500 in subject line please.

Thanks
Jeff Weaver

If that is a popular control and machine your best bet is to put it up on E-bay. Make listings with a price and a best offer option on each axis drive, spindle drive and other major electrical component like servo motors. Then do a parting out listing with an oddball component and price tied to it. When you get inquires you can make a listing to match what the items they want at an agreed price or make a side deal. I have done that twice on two machines, a Fanuc and a Yasnac and within a year even after fees got 2-3 times what they would have sold for whole, then I hauled the carcasses to the scrap yard. The problem with your ad here is it will quickly get buried. Most people don't stock spare parts no matter how inexpressive they can buy them for.

Thanks for the heads up Dualkit!
My plan was to put it up here to see if there was any interest at all first, then do the Ebay thing for a few specific items.
I knew going in that this machine wouldn't be sought after. I figured it would maybe get some play here, owing to the DIY feel of this site.
I'll give this a little more time. Not sure I will go any further on marketing this stuff. I doubt it will be worth the time.
Anyway, thanks again for the input.

Back