What's new
What's new

Atlas 7B shaper for sale

repad

Plastic
Selling an atlas 7B shaper. Was running when purchased several years ago. Needs freshened up or would make a great restoration candidate. Shaper must be picked up in north eastern IN 46765. Asking $575.
Photos available on request.

You missed the rules for this site. The site owner has posted them at the top of the Classified section so they are easy to find.

List of home shop machines not allowed on PM classifieds

Note PM is a manufacturing forum, not a home shop forum....therefore, do not advertise the following-

1. Atlas
2. Craftsman, Dunlap
3. Any horizontal shapers (ok in Antique Machinery forum however)
4. Any Chinese or Taiwanese home shop grade machines
5. Unimat
6. Any antique machines or tools (ok in Antique Machinery forum however)
7. Taig, Sherline

And here: Machinery Discussion Guidelines which says,

"Also not allowed for discussions on PM now-
*Atlas/ Craftsman/Dunlap products - anywhere"

So the boss seems to want no Atlas shapers in Antiques, just other makes of shapers.​

Last edited:
Daughty,
Those "A" brand machines have a huge following. Several years ago I did some repair work on rockwell lathe which went way over the guys budget. So I took a long bed "A" lathe with a pile of "A" type attachments. Had a taper attachment, face plates, chucks, change gears and even an under cutter for motor work. So I searched out and joined an "A" group forum. Posted a few pics of the lathe and folks responded with identifying info. They offered free classifieds for members so wiped and buffed a few goodies and posted. The stuff got bought up in a heart beat. When the smoke cleared I ended up with a considerable profit beyond the cost of the repair, and I kept the mica cutter. Which has repaired at least 9 armatures using my Dalton lathe. All that being said, join an "A" group somebody will buy that machine at that price.
spaeth

Back