What's new
What's new

B&s #13 OD Grinder, J&S T&C grinder, Abene VHF-2B milling machine

duncanbojangles

Plastic
I'm reposting some of the machines I had for sale in the Moving sale :( Monarch lathe,Abene mill,B&S#13,Moore #1-1/2,& more, South Louisiana in order to get them out of the shop. Thank you very much for all your interest in that thread! It's coming down to the wire and I need to move these machines pronto.

I'm located in Lafayette, Louisiana, and my email address is [email protected]. I can be reached by voice/text at 337-224-0128.

I'm moving very, very soon to Boulder, Colorado and I've only got a few machines left to get rid of. I'm putting a low price on these machines, but the price can still be negotiated! They may end up in a free to a good home situation in a couple days. For those who would ask about shipping: it's not about the money at this point, it's about getting these machines out of my garage before I sell my house and move to Colorado. Thanks for asking, but I am very unlikely to ship anything at this point. I apologize if you asked previously, but I've waited too long at this point for that.

You can see photos of these machines on my Google Photos album: Remaining machines - Google Photos

-Abene VHF-2B horizontal/vertical milling machine. Fair condition, everything operates, but you can feel that it has more wear in the middle of its travels. Also, the previous owner shot grease in the zerks instead of oil, so make of that what you will. The spindle is still strong, and takes very healthy cuts. About 2,500 pounds.
40 taper vertical/horizontal spindle, with ER-32 chuck and collets, TG-something chuck and 1 collet, 5/8" Jacobs drill chuck, assorted hold downs and parallels. Requires 550 volts 3 phase but I've been running on 500 volts with no apparent ill effects.
$500

-Brown and Sharpe #13 grinder, good condition, about 3,000 pounds.
This machine is my favorite in the garage. I use it for doing cylindrical grinding, and it is still very much up to the task for tool room style OD and cylindrical grinding. I recently repacked the bearings with good, new Kluber grease. I have a steady rest for it, the ID grinding attachment (ball bearing style), Jaocbs rubberflex collet chuck, and one or two additional faceplates for mounting accessories. I have a 4 jaw chuck that has not been mounted yet for it. (11 left hand wheel hubs to be split with this machine and the Harig, plus 8 right hand wheel hubs that will go with this machine). Currently running 480 volts 3 phase.
$500

-Jones and Shipman 310 tool and cutter grinder, good condition, about 1,600 pounds.
I really haven't used this machine much at all. But it comes with almost all the standard equipment, and some of the additional accessories (indexing attachment and one or two others). Some cup grinding wheels to go with the machine. Requires 550 volts 3 phase, but currently running on 500 with no apparent ill effects.
$500
IMG_20210316_234737567.jpgIMG_20210316_234035297.jpgIMG_20210316_234358165.jpg

I can't believe that Jones and Shipman hasn't been snatched up. Wish I had time for a 2500 mile round trip, but I don't.

The Abene VHF-2B milling machine is sold, a fellow who picked up some other machines today bought it as well.

I'm 90% of the way there figuring out the logistics of getting the Brown and Sharpe and the Jones and Shipman to Ianagos.

Back