BARNSTEAD THERMOLYNE TYPE 1700 SERIES 85 Furnace Heat Treat Oven Model FA1730-1
Close
Login to Your Account
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default BARNSTEAD THERMOLYNE TYPE 1700 SERIES 85 Furnace Heat Treat Oven Model FA1730-1

This sale is part of a complete machine shop liquidation, please e-mail wants and needs

Barnstead Thermolyne Type 1700 heat treat furnace for sale

New thermocouple and control has just been rebuilt with new components

2 of the heating elements are bad and need to be replaced, as I remember I could only get it up to about 1400F.

I was using this for mold and die detail pre-heat prior to welding and post heat after.

220-240 single phase input.

Base with casters is included.

Overall dimensions are 56 tall x 28 wide x 33 deep

Cavity is 8.5 high x 9.5 wide x 13 deep

Have original manuals and even the original warranty card.

I would like to get $750 out of this

dscn1443.jpgdscn1441.jpgdscn1436.jpgdscn1445.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Need a better picture of the inside as it looks like something wrong, mainly the roof or whatever you call it. Also why didn't you replace the heating elements? Too expensive, obsolete, too much work? Also how much does it weigh? So it basically uses as much power as a residential electric clothes dryer? Can you put racks in it? I think about adding small part HT from time to time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Oven is sold

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by indianamoon View Post
    Oven is sold
    Didn't reply to dualkit for over (3) months to a sales lead.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It's just the time of no reply. Happens all the time. While I don't like it I've come to accept it as an answer to a question I've always had, "What the [email protected]&? is wrong with people"?YouTube

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by digger doug View Post
    Didn't reply to dualkit for over (3) months to a sales lead.....
    I kind of wondered why he did not reply to me, I was seriously interested. I have been thinking about adding a heat treat oven for quite a while but did not want to pay prices for a new one as I would be learning on the go.
    I also found that all the used ones for sale were either really small or huge. This one seemed just right for my needs, oh well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by rustytool View Post
    It's just the time of no reply. Happens all the time. While I don't like it I've come to accept it as an answer to a question I've always had, "What the [email protected]&? is wrong with people"?YouTube
    I honestly think since Trump got elected a lot of people are letting their political bias carry over into areas where politics should not apply. I have noticed people I have never interacted with one on one coming out of nowhere and ripping on advice I give. I am a conservative Republican who can't stand Trump and voted for Will Seemore in the last presidential election, for the record. Maybe Indianamoon voted for Hillary and noticed I referred to her as the wicked witch on Wizard of Oz and didn't want to sell his oven to me, who knows.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hello Gents,
    I recently bought one of the Thermolyne 1700 ovens for heat treating. The bad news, ah, same old story, no temp controller. I foolishly figured I could get one from Automation Direct, Wolf, Omega etc. Beware that Thermolyne was bought by Fisher, and they A) flat [B]won't deal with ANY PRODUCT manufactured/sold prior to the buy out. If anyone out there has a controller for sale, or can recommend someone who could fab one up, please advise. Learned the hard way again,.
    The big issue is this: These type 1700 ovens (e.g., Barnstead type series 85) used a Type "F" thermocouple, and apparently also a feedback loop that opens circuit if you open the door (as a safety feature). The only way I can get this operational is to a) change to to a type K, J etc thermo, or B) find a working used controller. Furnace I have is 240V single phase, 24 amp draw, 5800 watts, 2000 degrees F intermittent, little less continuous duty.
    Hope that helps someone out.
    Chad
    I thought I'd save someone some grief. Any info would be helpful, all in on this and they are not cheap.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by indianamoon View Post
    This sale is part of a complete machine shop liquidation, please e-mail wants and needs

Barnstead Thermolyne Type 1700 heat treat furnace for sale

New thermocouple and control has just been rebuilt with new components

2 of the heating elements are bad and need to be replaced, as I remember I could only get it up to about 1400F.

I was using this for mold and die detail pre-heat prior to welding and post heat after.

220-240 single phase input.

Base with casters is included.

Overall dimensions are 56 tall x 28 wide x 33 deep

Cavity is 8.5 high x 9.5 wide x 13 deep

Have original manuals and even the original warranty card.

I would like to get $750 out of this

dscn1443.jpgdscn1441.jpgdscn1436.jpgdscn1445.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by 63steward View Post
    Hello Gents,
    I recently bought one of the Thermolyne 1700 ovens for heat treating. The bad news, ah, same old story, no temp controller. I foolishly figured I could get one from Automation Direct, Wolf, Omega etc. Beware that Thermolyne was bought by Fisher, and they A) flat [B]won't deal with ANY PRODUCT manufactured/sold prior to the buy out. If anyone out there has a controller for sale, or can recommend someone who could fab one up, please advise. Learned the hard way again,.
    The big issue is this: These type 1700 ovens (e.g., Barnstead type series 85) used a Type "F" thermocouple, and apparently also a feedback loop that opens circuit if you open the door (as a safety feature). The only way I can get this operational is to a) change to to a type K, J etc thermo, or B) find a working used controller. Furnace I have is 240V single phase, 24 amp draw, 5800 watts, 2000 degrees F intermittent, little less continuous duty.
    Hope that helps someone out.
    Chad
    I thought I'd save someone some grief. Any info would be helpful, all in on this and they are not cheap.
    The Op sure reads like the ovens worked.....

One heating element bad, but still worked, at a lower temp.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The new post states he bought a oven, not the one the OP was selling.