What's new
What's new

Best Milling Machine under £2000

Ratch

Plastic
Hi all.

After a milling machine to complement to expand my large work. Don't want a beast (no space) but also weary of chinese horror stories.

Should I be looking used or new? I'm a hobbyist and ideally want this to be bench top making parts of motorcycles and bicycles mainly in Aluminum, Titanium and Steel.

Personally I'd go for a smithy or copy...best bang for your buck and can easily machine titanium, niobium, and even unubtanium. Many tool shops are getting rid of much bigger machines in order to increase production with lower cost high performance multi use machines. It's not unheard of to hold +/- .0002 with repeatability of .0004-.0001. this is the new standard in low tolerance low quality...er...quantity machining and prototyping.

Ratch: You may be better served over on HomeShopMachinist.net if you are looking for an bench top import. This forum frowns on discussing such machines. Good luck.

JH

Personally I'd go for a smithy or copy...best bang for your buck and can easily machine titanium, niobium, and even unubtanium. Many tool shops are getting rid of much bigger machines in order to increase production with lower cost high performance multi use machines. It's not unheard of to hold +/- .0002 with repeatability of .0004-.0001. this is the new standard in low tolerance low quality...er...quantity machining and prototyping.
Do you write for The Onion by chance ? :drink:

Back