What's new
What's new

Bridgeport Mill with Prototrak CNC, Variable Speed Spindle, Pneumatic Draw Bar

David_Mar

Plastic
Hi,

Helping my boss sell his Bridgeport knee Mill with X and Y CNC. Prototrax EMX control. Variable Speed Spindle. Pneumatic Draw Bar Head. In great shape. We no longer need 2 knee mills. Asking $8900. I don't frequent the forums often so email is best way to reach me.

Thanks,
David

Attachments

• IMG_5051.jpg
    IMG_5051.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 511
  • IMG_5054.jpg
    IMG_5054.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 489
  • IMG_5053.jpg
    IMG_5053.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 467
  • IMG_5052.jpg
    IMG_5052.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 498
  • IMG_5056.jpg
    IMG_5056.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 376
Nice paint job. (pallet overspray, mint grey on mill, older black on motors).
posting for a friend, one post, staged photo, you have a calling in used machinery.

That mill is worth 4K at the most! You won’t sell it here for any more than that.

Its California, everything is more expensive :bawling:. Before listing I browsed ebay and can find cnc bridgeports ranging from $6k - $15k. This one has all the desirable features to my knowledge and fresh coat of paint.

Its California, everything is more expensive :bawling:. Before listing I browsed ebay and can find cnc bridgeports ranging from $6k - $15k. This one has all the desirable features to my knowledge and fresh coat of paint.

He's got a leg up on a lot of used machinery folk, as he mentioned "fresh coat of paint" separately from "all the desirable features" ;)

I try to be positive in general, but this section really is for active members to help each other out. Most deals that go sour on here are brand-new posters who sign up to sell something they got from their late father-in-law (or their boss, etc.) so you are more likely to find hostility than interest as one such newbie yourself. Hope that at least helps give you some perspective as to your "warm welcome" to the forum.

Cmon, give the guy a break, he used masking tape.

course the rusty handles show extra now.

2 axis prototrak, some guy love em.................

course on a 50 year old mill...........

Check completed sales on E-bay, not the asking price of dreamers. For the record most machinists could care less about the way a machine looks if it is reliable and accurate. I have been a small machine shop owner for over 20 years, my favorite machine over that time is as ugly as hell and I would not trade it for anything.

I try to be positive in general, but this section really is for active members to help each other out. Most deals that go sour on here are brand-new posters who sign up to sell something they got from their late father-in-law (or their boss, etc.) so you are more likely to find hostility than interest as one such newbie yourself. Hope that at least helps give you some perspective as to your "warm welcome" to the forum.

Thanks for the perspective. I can understand the "warm welcome" if people have been selling crap before.

California is a big place, I used to live there, it is almost 800 miles long and 250 miles wide. You should list the city you are in.

Geographic location of a used cnc machine does not increase its Value!, and fresh paint does not increase the value or accuracy of the machine.

My bad. Yours has that much sought feature of slick matte saddle. Does that price include shipping? even then, half it.

Geographic location of a used cnc machine does not increase its Value!, and fresh paint does not increase the value or accuracy of the machine.

Not exactly true. Tell that to the guy on here in Hawaii! Seriously, it does affect the value a little, depending on what is in your area and how far you are willing to drive. Can't exactly drop a Bridgeport in a box and take it to FedEx or USPS :D

The CNC one that sold for $10k is far superior to yours. Just look at the picture. Appearing new as you say isn't the big advantage. First it was originally designed as a CNC machine, it is not a manual machine with a CNC control slapped on. The head is of a much more rigid design. It also has programmable Z-axis and spindle speeds, two very desirable features yours is lacking. In a lot of instances a low end 2-axis CNC control does not add a lot of value.

The CNC one that sold for $10k is far superior to yours.
Only it did not sell. The lister bought it and has it back up for sale. It is a trick of the trade - see it is worth this! Look at pictures and location of the same machine for sale right now.

The CNC one that sold for $10k is far superior to yours. Just look at the picture. Appearing new as you say isn't the big advantage. First it was originally designed as a CNC machine, it is not a manual machine with a CNC control slapped on. The head is of a much more rigid design. It also has programmable Z-axis and spindle speeds, two very desirable features yours is lacking. In a lot of instances a low end 2-axis CNC control does not add a lot of value.

That $10k is one like I ran for a few years, but with a retrofit Centroid control. I agree with Dualkit 100% here. This is the closest you get to a cnc machine in a Bridgeport frame. Everything but a toolchanger and enclosure (well the one I ran had some good removable sheet metal guards that did a decent job). And it has quick change erickson(?) holder which are a snap to change out, not a clunky R8 (pneumatic or not).

Sorry OP, yours is just a 2d machine.. for $10k HELL NO. Would I replace a regular Bridgeport with it.. probably not, but it would be nice to have side by side.

Matsuura MC 1000 VS2 CNC Vertical Machining Center, 3-Axis, Good Cond, New 1985 | eBay

Cincinnati Arrow CNC Vertical Machining Center - 500, Year 1999 | eBay

Fadal VMC 3016 CNC Vertical Machining Center | eBay

There are real cnc machines in that price range

Only it did not sell. The lister bought it and has it back up for sale. It is a trick of the trade - see it is worth this! Look at pictures and location of the same machine for sale right now.

Wouldn't they still have to pay the 10% seller fee?

Back