Bridgeport Mill for sale
Close
Login to Your Account
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Kentucky
    Posts
    28
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    3

    Default Bridgeport Mill for sale

    After 50 years as a Machinist/Instrument Maker/Gunsmith, my dad has retired and is selling off his machines. The last to go is a 1973 manual Bridgeport with a J1 head. This was purchased new and the only two people to ever run it were my father and his father. Needless to say, this has been taken care of very well and is not a production shop machine. It comes with a vice, collets, collet rack, some assorted tooling, phase converter. It is located in Saline Michigan (Ann Arbor area). The motor is 3 phase but the phase converter comes with it.

    Purchaser will have to move it out of the basement. This is not a hard job, I moved a Rockwell lathe out of the same basement with two other guys by hand, in about 2 hours.

    He is asking $2000.00. PM me for details and contact information if interested.




    20200222_114459.jpg20200222_114525.jpg20200222_114536.jpg20200222_114553.jpg20200222_114607.jpg

  2. Likes bentwoody66, Laurentian liked this post
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Posts
    3,493
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    716
    Likes (Received)
    2432

    Default

    That looks like an exceptionally good example- I wish it was close to me.

    I'd put it on the local CL for double the price, it will go fast.

  4. Likes Matt_Maguire, Derek Smalls liked this post
  5. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    185
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    PM sent
    Thanks

  6. #4
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Kentucky
    Posts
    28
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    3

    Default

    Until otherwise notified, I am going to say that the mill has been sold to one of our fellow forum members. Thanks very much.

  7. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Utah
    Posts
    627
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1606
    Likes (Received)
    269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dwebster View Post
    Until otherwise notified, I am going to say that the mill has been sold to one of our fellow forum members. Thanks very much.
    Tough sell! On the market for a little over an hour.

  8. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Utah
    Posts
    627
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1606
    Likes (Received)
    269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wingit View Post
    PM sent
    Thanks
    Please let us know the details of basement removal, transport, etc. I want to enjoy your extreme good fortune vicariously! YouTube video would be great.

  9. Likes GWIZ liked this post
  10. #7
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Kentucky
    Posts
    28
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    3

    Default

    OK, sales fell through, at least for now. So, anyone interested please reach out.

  11. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Missouri
    Posts
    47
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dwebster View Post
    OK, sales fell through, at least for now. So, anyone interested please reach out.
    I’m interested but I’m a little far away in Missouri. How easily is this removed from its location? What part of Kentucky?

    Thanks
    Mike Hartke

  12. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    56
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    40
    Likes (Received)
    11

    Default

    Saline Michigan. FYI. When it was first listed I though it was in Kentucky too.

  13. #10
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Kentucky
    Posts
    28
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    3

    Default

    For anyone who may be interested: After funds clear and the sale is final, the mill will be broken down into the major assemblies to make moving day easier on everyone. My Dad will start taking it apart as far as he can and I will go up the day before the move to do the final disassembly. The column can go on a dolly and up the steps no problem. The other parts will have to be carried out by hand. Since these are smaller parts, this will be a pretty quick job, heavy and awkward but quick. Like I said, I moved an entire 2000lb lathe up and out in a couple of hours with 2 other guys and we are all in our 50's and that included a lot of material stock and tooling.

  14. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Missouri
    Posts
    47
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dwebster View Post
    For anyone who may be interested: After funds clear and the sale is final, the mill will be broken down into the major assemblies to make moving day easier on everyone. My Dad will start taking it apart as far as he can and I will go up the day before the move to do the final disassembly. The column can go on a dolly and up the steps no problem. The other parts will have to be carried out by hand. Since these are smaller parts, this will be a pretty quick job, heavy and awkward but quick. Like I said, I moved an entire 2000lb lathe up and out in a couple of hours with 2 other guys and we are all in our 50's and that included a lot of material stock and tooling.
    I sent you a PM

  15. #12
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Kentucky
    Posts
    28
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    3

    Default

    Mill has been sold for sure this time.


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •