What's new
What's new

Bridgeport Mill for sale

dwebster

Aluminum
After 50 years as a Machinist/Instrument Maker/Gunsmith, my dad has retired and is selling off his machines. The last to go is a 1973 manual Bridgeport with a J1 head. This was purchased new and the only two people to ever run it were my father and his father. Needless to say, this has been taken care of very well and is not a production shop machine. It comes with a vice, collets, collet rack, some assorted tooling, phase converter. It is located in Saline Michigan (Ann Arbor area). The motor is 3 phase but the phase converter comes with it.

Purchaser will have to move it out of the basement. This is not a hard job, I moved a Rockwell lathe out of the same basement with two other guys by hand, in about 2 hours.

He is asking $2000.00. PM me for details and contact information if interested.

20200222_114459.jpg20200222_114525.jpg20200222_114536.jpg20200222_114553.jpg20200222_114607.jpg

That looks like an exceptionally good example- I wish it was close to me.

I'd put it on the local CL for double the price, it will go fast.

Until otherwise notified, I am going to say that the mill has been sold to one of our fellow forum members. Thanks very much.

OK, sales fell through, at least for now. So, anyone interested please reach out.

I’m interested but I’m a little far away in Missouri. How easily is this removed from its location? What part of Kentucky?

Thanks
Mike Hartke

Saline Michigan. FYI. When it was first listed I though it was in Kentucky too.

For anyone who may be interested: After funds clear and the sale is final, the mill will be broken down into the major assemblies to make moving day easier on everyone. My Dad will start taking it apart as far as he can and I will go up the day before the move to do the final disassembly. The column can go on a dolly and up the steps no problem. The other parts will have to be carried out by hand. Since these are smaller parts, this will be a pretty quick job, heavy and awkward but quick. Like I said, I moved an entire 2000lb lathe up and out in a couple of hours with 2 other guys and we are all in our 50's and that included a lot of material stock and tooling.

For anyone who may be interested: After funds clear and the sale is final, the mill will be broken down into the major assemblies to make moving day easier on everyone. My Dad will start taking it apart as far as he can and I will go up the day before the move to do the final disassembly. The column can go on a dolly and up the steps no problem. The other parts will have to be carried out by hand. Since these are smaller parts, this will be a pretty quick job, heavy and awkward but quick. Like I said, I moved an entire 2000lb lathe up and out in a couple of hours with 2 other guys and we are all in our 50's and that included a lot of material stock and tooling.

I sent you a PM

Back