What's new
What's new

Brother HS-300 Wire EDM

shortbusdriver

Plastic
I bought this machine from an auction without much knowledge in the machine, or edm, so might have to take it slow with me.

Was purchased from a retiring aircraft parts mfg company. Was told it needed nothing and it was running after I bought it. I never got the time to try and get it operational.

Comes with a ton of manuals, wire, filters, filter unit, ion resin, and various other items.

Working area 8"x11"

240V 3 phase

I dont know much else about it but will try my best to answer any questions.

$1000 obo

email - [email protected]

How much does the whole operation weigh? Also what would be the exterior dimensions for shipping it?

I don't hold too much hope, but if I could end up shipping it for not too many times the price of the machine I might be interested.

I dont have a way to weigh it unfortunately. Guestimate would be around 1000lbs with everything all together. Machine is 40"x40", cart is 42"x20". Also alot of mis. stuff with it too.

Item is located in Mayville WI.

I have a fork lift for loading.

I got some quotes back for shipping it, looks like it would end up being about $3k in the end to get it up here which is too much to justify for it for how many times I would use it. Thanks for the information in either case.

I am planning within the next year to drive a flatbed of some sort with a VMC on it up here, I don't know where that will originate at. If it ends up being from somewhere on your side of the country I'll see if you still have the EDM.

is it a submerged machine?
My old neighboring shop had a brother like that, was a sweet little machine. No fixture offsets though if memory serves.

Just letting people know that I will not spend half a day putting everything on pallets for free. If I was asking 5k for this it would be different but for $700 it can sit. Will load machines as is for free but would be extra to put extra stuff or machines on pallets. Would be the the two parts of the machine and at least a full pallet of wire, manuals, filters, and various other stuff.

BROTHER HS70A, 2007, 16.1" x 10.2" x6.7 travels, U/V,strk
stock number: 403360

Click the link below to view a video demonstration of this machine
YouTube

General Specifications
Max Workpiece Dimensions: 22.8" x 15.3" x 6.7"
Max Workpiece Weight: 770 Lbs.
X and Y Axis Stroke: 16.1" x 10.2"
Z Axis Stroke: 6.7"
Max Machining Speed: 28 inch2/hour
Optimum Surface Roughness: .001 uinchRA
Max Table Feed Speed: 36"/min postioning, 12"/min

Machining
Wire Diameter: .004, .006", .008", .01", .012"
Wire Guide System: Round Diamond
Wire Feed Speed: 1.57-9.84 inch/second
Wire Tension: 3-25N
Wire Recovery Method: Mechanical Cutting w/ Rotaing

Blade
Wire Recovery Bucket Capacity: 44 lbs.
U and V Axis Stroke: +/-1.28" x +/-1.28"
Max Taper Angle: Sharp Corner Taper, Cylindrical

Taper, Conical Taper, Independent U/V $ Axes Programming
Dielectic Fluid Feed System: Submerged Type/Flushing Type
Main Unit Dimensions: 40.9" x 66.2" x 76.2"
Main Unit Weight: 3080 lbs.
Installation Area: 86.2" x 99.4"
Power Supply: 3-Phase ACV +/-10% 50/60hz +/-1hz
Total Input: 13.5 kVA, Includes Dielectic Fluid

Cooling System

Dimensions:
Main Unit: 40.9" x 66.2" x 76.2" (3080 lbs)
Dielectic Tank: 25.6" x 55.8" x 48.8" (473 lbs)

Great Price: $15,000 USD

Why wouldn't you start a new thread for this machine. Post after a machine that couldn't sell for $700 is well not good for advertising

Back