What's new
What's new

Brown and Sharpe Universal something..

elitts

Plastic
Grand Rapids, MI
[email protected]

Have I got a deal for someone!! Whilst indulging my auction buying habit; I threw a "stupid" bid down on a piece of equipment I have no use for. Low and behold! I'm now the slightly embarrassed owner of a 2+ ton Brown and Sharpe Grinder(I think). This was out of some guy's home business workshop and was described as "working".

The good deal for someone comes in because I don't have anywhere to put this and I don't have long to figure something out. My only current option is to pull everything that looks like a saleable part off of it and scrapping out the skeleton. I'd rather not do that to a working machine.

So does anyone want to make an offer on the whole machine? I'm willing to do a little running around to get it moved into a storage location if a buyer wants it bad enough to pay for that, but otherwise it will need to be someone who can pick it up very soon.

Unfortunately, the auctioneer sucks at taking pictures, so they aren't great.

EQFYHtb.jpg

ykKUIku.jpg

3sQRmS7.jpg

Last edited:
Its a #2? or #3 Universal from the late thirties to mid forties

Slightly shorter than this #4 of mine?

DCP_0938.jpg

Strictly mechanical - zero hydraulics

14" swing by 60" on the #4

Have I got a deal for someone!! Whilst indulging my auction buying habit; I threw a "stupid" bid down on a piece of equipment I have no use for. Low and behold! I'm now the slightly embarrassed owner of a 2+ ton Brown and Sharpe Grinder(I think). This was out of some guy's home business workshop and was described as "working".

The good deal for someone comes in because I don't have anywhere to put this and I don't have long to figure something out. My only current option is to pull everything that looks like a saleable part off of it and scrapping out the skeleton. I'd rather not do that to a working machine.

So does anyone want to make an offer on the whole machine? I'm willing to do a little running around to get it moved into a storage location if a buyer wants it bad enough to pay for that, but otherwise it will need to be someone who can pick it up very soon.

Unfortunately, the auctioneer sucks at taking pictures, so they aren't great.

EQFYHtb.jpg

ykKUIku.jpg

3sQRmS7.jpg

I think YOUR supposed to state a price when Selling here....

I think YOUR supposed to state a price when Selling here....

From what I could read it's strongly recommended, but not required.

If I was selling something with normal time frames, I would stick a price out there, but with a need for a decision in 2 days or less, the speed means a normal price isn't applicable so I have no idea what to put out there.

From what I could read it's strongly recommended, but not required.

If I was selling something with normal time frames, I would stick a price out there, but with a need for a decision in 2 days or less, the speed means a normal price isn't applicable so I have no idea what to put out there.

You seem to be mainly selling here. And you don't even know what your selling.

Are you a dealer ?

No, I'm not a dealer, (if I was a dealer, I hope I'd know more about the stuff I'm selling) I'm building a workshop this winter and I've been picking up equipment at auctions for myself. (mostly woodworking stuff) But when I'm at an auction, I tend to buy anything that seems like a great deal, not just the stuff I'm actually looking for. So when I bought a pallet of "motors" to get a 7.5 HP motor, I ended up with the Baldor Carbide Grinder and KEF grinder on the same pallet. And when I bought a dust collection system I ended up with a pile of tooling that was really cheap because it was dirty and all piled together. And then of course there's this grinder I picked up because no one was even interested while I was bidding on a rotary phase converter.

And while I haven't been overly involved outside of the woodworking forum, I'm certain that will change as I get my shop actually built and want to add machining to my woodwork.

Back