What's new
What's new

Cincinnati Cinova 80 205-12 Horizontal

clemson726

Plastic
Newbie here, 1st post which i know is taboo for a forum to list something for sale on the first post. I'm joining to learn more about machining too however. I've frequented the forum in the past but never registered until now. At any rate, due to a death in the family I need to downsize some of the equipment we had. 4 lathes, 1 vertical mill, 1 horizontal mill. Right now I'm looking to sell the horizontal mill with its tooling cabinet, all tooling, vise, etc. Its a Cincinnati Cinova 80 205-12 that hasn't been used very much. I got it from the company I work for about 10 years ago because it was off the books and didn't get used. I gave it to my dad who was a machinist in the military in his younger days. He used it some but passed away due to COVID this past year. The only problem is I have no idea what the thing is worth. I have a ballpark idea, but would entertain offers. I've seen them listed anywhere from $2500 for older ones with no tooling to $10,000 that looks like they've been refurbished. I think $2500 is low and $10k is obviously high. Offers or just a private message giving me an idea of what its worth would be greatly appreciated.

This is one picture of it. I do have a craigslist ad I can link with more pictures. IMG_9988.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_9987.jpg
    IMG_9987.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_9990.jpg
    IMG_9990.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 100
Newbie here, 1st post which i know is taboo for a forum to list something for sale on the first post. I'm joining to learn more about machining too however. I've frequented the forum in the past but never registered until now. At any rate, due to a death in the family I need to downsize some of the equipment we had. 4 lathes, 1 vertical mill, 1 horizontal mill. Right now I'm looking to sell the horizontal mill with its tooling cabinet, all tooling, vise, etc. Its a Cincinnati Cinova 80 205-12 that hasn't been used very much. I got it from the company I work for about 10 years ago because it was off the books and didn't get used. I gave it to my dad who was a machinist in the military in his younger days. He used it some but passed away due to COVID this past year. The only problem is I have no idea what the thing is worth. I have a ballpark idea, but would entertain offers. I've seen them listed anywhere from $2500 for older ones with no tooling to $10,000 that looks like they've been refurbished. I think $2500 is low and $10k is obviously high. Offers or just a private message giving me an idea of what its worth would be greatly appreciated.

This is one picture of it. I do have a craigslist ad I can link with more pictures. View attachment 323124

Need to show the tooling.

is there a vertical head attachment ?

As someone who recently purchased a Cinova 80 universal mill (yours is a plain mill), I can relate that I paid a lot less than your asking price for my machine. Slightly less than the bottom end of your range, actually, and that was from a machinery dealer, so if I'd been willing to wait, I probably could have found one private sale for less. No tooling with mine, so that's a negative relative to the pricing, but tooling is not that hard or expensive to find if one watches the local auction listings from machinery surplus and tooling sellers.

As someone who recently purchased a Cinova 80 universal mill (yours is a plain mill), I can relate that I paid a lot less than your asking price for my machine. Slightly less than the bottom end of your range, actually, and that was from a machinery dealer, so if I'd been willing to wait, I probably could have found one private sale for less. No tooling with mine, so that's a negative relative to the pricing, but tooling is not that hard or expensive to find if one watches the local auction listings from machinery surplus and tooling sellers.

Thank you for the information.

After a year of trying I sold mine for 1k, hard to sell old Iron...Phil

The high weight to value ratio is a big issue, no one wants the rigging bill to exceed the machine's value.
The last resort option has improved, scrap yards are paying all time high prices lately.

Back