What's new
What's new

Cincinnati Planer available

Overland

Stainless
We have a couple of planers available. By definition they're fairly old !
The tables are about 6 feet long by about 2 feet wide.
They have flat belt drive.
One of them is used occasionally, the other one, not for a while but should be OK.
Is there any interest in them please ?
I've seen Bridgeport style heads mounted on this type of machine in the past.
Located in Gastonia, NC.
Let me know if you have any interest.
Thanks,
Bob
If someone could rotate the images, please ?

IMG_3478[1].jpgIMG_3477[1].jpg

Appropos of nothing. We used to have a 16 foot planer that did see use, but not as a planer... at least not in the conventional sense.

The clapper box we removed and a grinding spindle grafted on. Instant long travel grinder with the added advange of an all angle head. This was to have been a one time deal, to grind the bed on a Hendy Lathe. The addition of a powered head made it useful iron as opposed to a flat surface. A milling head would also be wothy of consideration.

I used to have one like this one and the same size. Mine had a little different style swivel head from this one. Of course, all the belts were open, no belt guards.

Interest is price dependant, but I'm always interested at least a little, in good solid old iron. Add more info and some prices please.

If someone could rotate the images, please ?
Voila

attachment.php

attachment.php

I really don't know what they're worth.

If you can get a weight on them, double the scrap price is usually a fair price. Buyer has to factor in loading and transport costs which seem to rise exponentially by the pound. Those dont look to be terribly heavy, do you have a way to load them on a trailer?
Also what else comes with tooling that is used on those is probably not useful on much else. That could help push someone off the fence to make a purchase.

If you can get a weight on them, double the scrap price is usually a fair price. Buyer has to factor in loading and transport costs which seem to rise exponentially by the pound. Those dont look to be terribly heavy, do you have a way to load them on a trailer?
Also what else comes with tooling that is used on those is probably not useful on much else. That could help push someone off the fence to make a purchase.

Scrap + 10%

Scrap -50% There not going to haul themselves to the scrap yard.

If I were selling these I would find out exactly how much I can get out of them as scrap- Like actual value minus your actual cost to haul them in. Then state that as a clear starting point for negotiation.

A buyer should expect to pay a bit more than you could get in scrap because it's a lot easier to load scrap metal than it is to carefully rig a fragile old planer.

Every time I have sold things this way I have come out on top, got more than I actually expected. In some cases the scrap is way higher than anyone is going to pay so the answer is clear.

In all cases stating "Looking for offers" is probably not the best way to do it.

Back