What's new
What's new

Clarkson Universal Grinder...What is it worth??

ryanbcnc

Plastic
I came across this Clarkson grinder on Kijiji for sale locally. The seller is asking 2400 Firm. I do not know enough about cutter grinders to know if this price is fair. We are in Canada just north of Toronto. His prices are usually a little on the high side. I will post a couple picture and a link to the ad. Any thoughts would be appreciated. It does also include a Harig air bearing.

Thanks!

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1471864899

clarkson1.jpg
clarkson2.jpg

That's about what I paid for an Osborn years ago that is basically the same machine. It was very well tooled and had a lifetime of stones. Looking at the Clarkson ad, if there isn't a bunch of unphotographed tooling and stones, the price is high imo. And yes, looking at the other ads from the Barrie guy, his prices seem high.

L7

On edit, another concern is someone has re-motered the grinder with an el cheapo Chinese single phase motor. Might be a smooth running motor but I doubt it.

Last edited:
I agree with lucky7 7's comments. He seems like a guy where there's only a trade if you lose. Wonder if he sells much. I'd also stay away from the motor thing....mostly grinders should have well balanced motors, who knows what you get with that.

Is that the format of T&CG you want? imo it'd be great for endmills but I'd miss all the functionality of universal style, i.e. a table with a bit range of motion and wheel in the middle of it.

That's about what I paid for an Osborn years ago that is basically the same machine. It was very well tooled and had a lifetime of stones. Looking at the Clarkson ad, if there isn't a bunch of unphotographed tooling and stones, the price is high imo. And yes, looking at the other ads from the Barrie guy, his prices seem high.

L7

On edit, another concern is someone has re-motered the grinder with an el cheapo Chinese single phase motor. Might be a smooth running motor but I doubt it.

That price is probably in Canadian dollars so more like $1,800 in US dollars.

Back