What's new
What's new

Clausing 8520 in La Salle Co. Illinois

Kwidlo

Plastic
Hi everyone,
My grandfather passed away recently and I have the pleasure/burden of selling off three warehouses full of tools, machinery, auto parts, etc etc. I don’t know very much about metalworking except for what I’ve leaned on sites like this over the past month and a half.

I’m hoping to offload a few of the nicer pieces before I hand the reins over to an auction house.

I’ve got a few pieces of equipment up on Ebay, including a Clausing 8520 that comes with a swivel base vise, collet set , and some other accessories for $3000.

I’m located in Mendota , IL 61342.

I have three buildings FULL of lathes, milling machines, woodworking stuff, welding—you name it , my grandpa probably had two of them. If anyone lives relatively close and is looking for any equipment, please feel free to DM me. I might have it.

Thanks ,
Katie

https://www.ebay.com/i/303659526991...3leeQ8mRxp2LgPTx03o0zeJHaGdLHFSAaAmgfEALw_wcB

I will suggest you do not sell stuff before the auction.

Selling off the "good stuff" will just water down the auction to "pickers".

Your paying an auctioneer, let them work for the money.

An option may be a company called Lost Creek Machine. They are not too far from you and might be better than auction. Either auction or a company like Lost Creek that buys everything might be better for you than the effort and time of selling in dribs and drabs.

L7

I'll second Lost Creek Machine in Ottawa, IL as a possible buyer. You won't get top dollar, but it will be a lot less hassle and they might pay more than you will get from an auction after fees and such.

20 years ago, I bought a Clausing 8520 from Lost Creek Machine.
The spindle was a little bent, and he bought me a new spindle,
right from Clausing. Awesome guys. Honest people.

-Doozer

Back