Clausing 8520 mill
Close
Login to Your Account
Likes Likes:  0
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Illinois
    Posts
    168
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default Clausing 8520 mill

    I have for a recently refurbished Clausing 8520.
    Head stock has been completely rebuilt. New bearings all in the spindle new gears in the quill feed. Brand new 3/4 HP 115V single phase Baldor motor.
    EXTREMELY QUIET!!!
    comes with a set of MT2 collets and draw bar is in the spindle.
    Also a 3" Kurt vise
    It could use a new motor pulley but still runs, it also needs a fine feed wheel.

    Also has a hold down set that's included.*not pictured*

    I did keep the original patina on the Clausing plaque.

    I have a video of the motor and spindle running if requested to see it

    $2800 for local pick up Bloomington Illinois.

    I am willing to deliver within a 150 mile radius of my location. For an additional $300

    I'm willing to ship, but I won't be able to ship till after "quarentine" is up.

    92132437_514761049413854_5547988996329570304_n.jpg
    92114361_205750084202890_4242302084893900800_n.jpg
    94385986_674905733292766_9200332496544202752_n.jpg
    91185124_636469400478447_1093567186879905792_n.jpg
    94567333_295879731405557_7230616419644211200_n.jpg

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Illinois
    Posts
    168
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default

    94947233_1132203480463245_4645492921489948672_n.jpg
    94433756_588273365374185_5227655491986915328_n.jpg
    95135835_227373782029628_4222365237547892736_n.jpg
    91463870_897299587394779_8837861970003623936_n.jpg

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Illinois
    Posts
    168
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default

    Price drop to $2700 and throwing in a little more tooling.
    20200428_180601.jpg
    20200428_180633.jpg
    20200428_174012.jpg
    20200406_071845.jpg

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,589
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    666
    Likes (Received)
    261

    Default

    Nice machine IMO. Kinda high but I hope you get your price. That's a nice amount of extra goodies.
    Tough time to sell anything unfortunately.
    Good luck.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Batavia, IL USA
    Posts
    2,089
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    80
    Likes (Received)
    75

    Default

    Maybe it's just me, but it looks like there is something funky about the motor-spindle arrangement. Aside from the broken motor pulley flange (kudos for prominently showing that), the motor pulley is mounted too high and might be the wrong pulley altogether - looks like it might have only two steps whereas it should 3 steps.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Illinois
    Posts
    168
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default

    The head stock has a 3 step pulley, the middle pulley is a 5 step and the motor pulley is a 2 step. This is how it is designed.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Batavia, IL USA
    Posts
    2,089
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    80
    Likes (Received)
    75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daughty View Post
    The head stock has a 3 step pulley, the middle pulley is a 5 step and the motor pulley is a 2 step. This is how it is designed.
    You are right, so it was just me getting it wrong - sorry.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Indiana
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    Is this mill still available?

    Quote Originally Posted by Daughty View Post
    I have for a recently refurbished Clausing 8520.
    Head stock has been completely rebuilt. New bearings all in the spindle new gears in the quill feed. Brand new 3/4 HP 115V single phase Baldor motor.
    EXTREMELY QUIET!!!
    comes with a set of MT2 collets and draw bar is in the spindle.
    Also a 3" Kurt vise
    It could use a new motor pulley but still runs, it also needs a fine feed wheel.

    Also has a hold down set that's included.*not pictured*

    I did keep the original patina on the Clausing plaque.

    I have a video of the motor and spindle running if requested to see it

    $2800 for local pick up Bloomington Illinois.

    I am willing to deliver within a 150 mile radius of my location. For an additional $300

    I'm willing to ship, but I won't be able to ship till after "quarentine" is up.

    92132437_514761049413854_5547988996329570304_n.jpg
    92114361_205750084202890_4242302084893900800_n.jpg
    94385986_674905733292766_9200332496544202752_n.jpg
    91185124_636469400478447_1093567186879905792_n.jpg
    94567333_295879731405557_7230616419644211200_n.jpg

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    84
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    358
    Likes (Received)
    43

    Default

    That's an OK deal in my neck of the woods. Nice little machine that is great for smaller work and can do larger stuff if you are careful and go slow. Also can Be broken down easy and moved if needed. I have a 8530 and love it. good luck with the sale.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Maryland
    Posts
    17
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    6
    Likes (Received)
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daughty View Post
    Price drop to $2700 and throwing in a little more tooling.
    20200428_180601.jpg
    20200428_180633.jpg
    20200428_174012.jpg
    20200406_071845.jpg
    Is the mill still available?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    Good morning - is your Atlas 8520 still available? How much does it weigh? I live near Lake Superior so I could drive down to pick it up ~ depending.


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •