What's new
What's new

Closing after 33 years....

Mark P.

Aluminum
New on this forum. Started our machine shop in 88. My dad passed in May, so it's only me and my brother left. With everything that has happened, we decided to close up for good. I hate that his legacy dies with it. We are going to auction but I've tried to gage interest from others. So far, it doesn't look promising. I'll download some images and maybe you guys can give me an idea.

Attachments

• IMG_20210825_090107151.jpg
    IMG_20210825_090107151.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 1,242
  • IMG_20210825_090131836.jpg
    IMG_20210825_090131836.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 1,167
  • IMG_20210825_090049181.jpg
    IMG_20210825_090049181.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 1,201
  • IMG_20210825_090145068.jpg
    IMG_20210825_090145068.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 1,181
  • IMG_20210825_090137990.jpg
    IMG_20210825_090137990.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 1,164
No idea why the pictures are sideways. CNC Fryer VB 60, CNC Willis Microcut, CNC Jet lathe which isn't pictured, CNC Acroloc, Acer mill, LeBlond lathe, small Lucifer heat treating oven, surface grinder, newer 80 gallon two stage compressor, Older (40's?)Sunstrand production mill, Hitachi Seiki lathe, small CNC lathe w/6 jaw chuck and older Anilam control, older Clarke towmotor, Hartford spacers, vee blocks, rotary table, angle plates, vices, CAT 45, CAT 40, 50 & 40 taper tooling, lots of lathe tooling (high speed steel, carbide brazed, carbide insert), facemills, tons of drills, reamers, mills nuts and bolts. IF anyone has interest in anything...message me

That auction will be less than qty (2) hours duration, I'll be surprised if you can entice an auctioneer to come in, and inventory it, make a listing, and conduct the auction.

That auction will be less than qty (2) hours duration, I'll be surprised if you can entice an auctioneer to come in, and inventory it, make a listing, and conduct the auction.

We have an auctioneer. Also have more machines I didn't show pictures of. It's an online auction that'll last a week.

Sorry about your dad.

Where in Ohio?

Is the auction being run through Bidspotter?

New on this forum. Started our machine shop in 88. My dad passed in May, so it's only me and my brother left. With everything that has happened, we decided to close up for good. I hate that his legacy dies with it. We are going to auction but I've tried to gage interest from others. So far, it doesn't look promising. I'll download some images and maybe you guys can give me an idea.

No idea why the pictures are sideways. CNC Fryer VB 60, CNC Willis Microcut, CNC Jet lathe which isn't pictured, CNC Acroloc, Acer mill, LeBlond lathe, small Lucifer heat treating oven, surface grinder, newer 80 gallon two stage compressor, Older (40's?)Sunstrand production mill, Hitachi Seiki lathe, small CNC lathe w/6 jaw chuck and older Anilam control, older Clarke towmotor, Hartford spacers, vee blocks, rotary table, angle plates, vices, CAT 45, CAT 40, 50 & 40 taper tooling, lots of lathe tooling (high speed steel, carbide brazed, carbide insert), facemills, tons of drills, reamers, mills nuts and bolts. IF anyone has interest in anything...message me

We have an auctioneer. Also have more machines I didn't show pictures of. It's an online auction that'll last a week.

Funny how you left that fact out eh ?

If your already with an auction house, you usually can't sell stuff on the side, your locked in.

Funny how you left that fact out eh ?

If your already with an auction house, you usually can't sell stuff on the side, your locked in.

We haven't signed a contract yet. So I didn't leave any facts out. So we are free to sell anything we want. We are currently finishing up orders for customers. I originally stated that I was trying to gage interest.

I joined this forum after I had googled DSI tape punch. I saw someone looking for one and I was trying to get rid of ours. After 33 years, there are a lot of items sitting around here that don't belong. We've sold tractor parts, a welder, small drill press and various other items already. I have lots of plastics, some phenolic, teflon, pvc, fiberglass impregnated plastics too. (sheets and rounds)

Don't worry about it Mark. Some of us on the forum have gotten a little trigger happy due to the number of people who come on here and end up jerking us around.

Personally I wish I were just a bit closer to your sale.

Best regards,

-Ron

Don't worry about it Mark. Some of us on the forum have gotten a little trigger happy due to the number of people who come on here and end up jerking us around.

Personally I wish I were just a bit closer to your sale.

Best regards,

-Ron

Thanks....It's a two way street. There are literally thousands of pieces of tools here. If someone had a need for a weird pipe tape or inserted dove tail cutter or Devlieg boring bar or magnesium plate...etc. Now would be the time to ask. Before it's sold in bulk or thrown in the dumpster.

Sorry for your loss

Don't worry about digger, just his way of saying 'hi'

The machines made you money for a long time, don't worry about what they go for in the end.

Sorry for your loss

Don't worry about digger, just his way of saying 'hi'

The machines made you money for a long time, don't worry about what they go for in the end.

Thanks. I get where he is coming from. I'm pretty up front with things. I'm proud of the resume of the jobs that I've done over the years and what I've learned to do them. I walked in 33 years ago not knowing my ass from a hole in the ground. My dad had faith in me and taught me what he knew.....which is way more than I could ever fathom. As far as the machines, I'd love to stay here and keep doing what I'm doing but....I can't go it alone. I'll just have to have faith that my next stage will pay the bills.

Thanks....It's a two way street. There are literally thousands of pieces of tools here. If someone had a need for a weird pipe tape or inserted dove tail cutter or Devlieg boring bar or magnesium plate...etc. Now would be the time to ask. Before it's sold in bulk or thrown in the dumpster.

Sorry about your dad.

I might be interested. But your post is pretty vague. Really need to see a list of everything you have for sale, with prices.

Sorry about your dad.

I might be interested. But your post is pretty vague. Really need to see a list of everything you have for sale, with prices.

Is there anything specific you are looking for? We are still machining parts until close to October, so all I have is the basic machine list. Some on here have already asked about particular items. I apologize for being vague, it's my first time closing a business.

You might consider offering your long-run jobs as some might be interested in taking on more work.
I don't know if that practice is common or how you might sell a job contact or take a commission on a job.

Perhaps some PM guys could offer ideas on that.

You might consider offering your long-run jobs as some might be interested in taking on more work.
I don't know if that practice is common or how you might sell a job contact or take a commission on a job.

Perhaps some PM guys could offer ideas on that.

One of our customers came in to look at what we have. Offered to buy any of their parts lying around and also offered us jobs at their shop. Another customer said they could send work to where ever we ended up. Couple of shops that we sent work to also offered us jobs. It's a family owned and operated shop. Didn't really take but a week of vacation off a year plus Holidays. We took a couple of days off for my dad's funeral and that was it. Back it and trying to deal with everything......

One of our customers came in to look at what we have. Offered to buy any of their parts lying around and also offered us jobs at their shop. Another customer said they could send work to where ever we ended up. Couple of shops that we sent work to also offered us jobs. It's a family owned and operated shop. Didn't really take but a week of vacation off a year plus Holidays. We took a couple of days off for my dad's funeral and that was it. Back it and trying to deal with everything......

Sounds like you guys have a good reputation and will no doubt land on your feet

Sounds like you guys have a good reputation and will no doubt land on your feet

Thanks. I've always tried to do to the best of my abilities and remember that our name was associated with that part. I'm not the best, fastest or smartest and made plenty of mistakes, but I do give a crap. Now what I need, is some down time. I haven't had a chance to sit and think about my next step. I've been doing this so long, it's second nature.

Back