Closing shop down machines for sale - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If I was in the position of selling all that stuff a well advertised auction would be my first choice. Why try to sell all of this off through a dealer?

I can't see how the dealer could bring anything to the table for the buyer or seller.

An auction co on the other hand gets the building cleared out and hands you a check.

2. Likes pressbrake1, digger doug liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Would there happen to be a 6 x 18 Pratt&Whitney thread mill in there somewhere? Thanks!!

4. Likes rustytool liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Some lovely things there and a fair few bits Id bring to the uk but the dealer loading on the price has rendered it unviable.
    I wish collector all the best and sincerely hope he’s selling up because he has much better things ahead

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Very impressive collection and as my dear departed Mother-in-law used to say, "That was some paint salesman".

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yeah....should put at least a list of what's available, so people have an idea of what to ask about lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveKamp View Post
    Not trying to be rude here, but I think Collector should be actively prevented from selling off all his shop...

...because if he does, BC will wind up floating out into the Pacific Ocean... With this massive regiment of ferrous warriors standing by, he's employing both weight, and magnetism, to keep that entire tectonic plate from becoming unglued from the continent...
    OK, can we get everyone in California to sell off all of their machines and move them out of state?

Steve

9. Likes motion guru liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Garwood View Post
    An auction co on the other hand gets the building cleared out and hands you a check.
    The estate sale companies and consignment shops around here take a 40% cut. You might as well just slash the prices on your stuff and move it quicker.

The auction companies have a buyers premium. The company running the auction I just participated in charged 18%.

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
    The estate sale companies and consignment shops around here take a 40% cut. You might as well just slash the prices on your stuff and move it quicker.

The auction companies have a buyers premium. The company running the auction I just participated in charged 18%.

Steve
    What is your point?

What do you think the cost of all those machines is just sitting there? Maybe he's a rich old fart and owns the building outright. There's still some healthy overhead on a building that size. If it's a leased space then it makes zero sense to hang out waiting for top dollar while you're shelling out big bucks every month so it can sit there.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Garwood View Post
    What is your point?

What do you think the cost of all those machines is just sitting there? Maybe he's a rich old fart and owns the building outright. There's still some healthy overhead on a building that size. If it's a leased space then it makes zero sense to hang out waiting for top dollar while you're shelling out big bucks every month so it can sit there.
    well, really depends on the local market, and the "nature" of the auctioneers in your area. in some places, the auction companies are the last ones you would involve. (the ones who collude with their "buddies" to sell to them for lowball prices in exchange for kickbacks, not saying anything like that EVER happens.. ) ALSO, if you have read the thread, I think you would surmise the seller is not in a hurry. some pretty awesome iron!

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

+1 to all the positive comments.
    I'm not in the market, but you have quite an impressive collection, collector.