Closing shop down machines for sale - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Salem Straub View Post
    There are still plenty of people who want the classic machines. Most of us just can't pay top dollar.
    ... an American Pacemaker 14"x30" lathe ... listed at $10,000. Is it worth that? ... at $2000 it should sell quickly, being a rarity on the West Coast (I'd be trying to haul it 250 miles home, myself.) Is it worth selling it for $2K if the alternative is scrapping it? I'd think so.... if I'm being rude ... I don't intend to be.
    It's worth whatever it's worth to you. Emotion can often get in the way of doing business, but shouldn't.

Make an offer. Ya ain't gonna get it if ya don't.

2. Likes Salem Straub, pianoman8t8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by collector View Post
    Hi guys
    Here’s some pictures it’s a good collection of American iron that’s all in one place. As for prices there negotiable. Free is to expensive for some people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris999 View Post
    1.31 is the multiplier on American dollars today. You guys down south have a rare opportunity to buy some really nice American iron at a discount due to the exchange rate.
    Quote Originally Posted by collector View Post
    Well guys
    What ever the price is no one has made offers or they don’t have space can’t pay for shipping its to big to old on an on.
    There are still plenty of people who want the classic machines. Most of us just can't pay top dollar.
    For instance, there's an American Pacemaker 14"x30" lathe for sale from that collection. It's listed at $10,000. Is it worth that? Maybe to someone... it's certainly a beautiful machine. But at that price it may take forever to sell. On the other hand, at $2000 it should sell quickly, being a rarity on the West Coast (I'd be trying to haul it 250 miles home, myself.) Is it worth selling it for $2K if the alternative is scrapping it? I'd think so. I think the dealer is doing the owner a disservice with the high prices, but what do I know. In fact if I'm being rude in discussing the prices, I don't intend to be.
    Seems like anyone near to BC should be going to visit and start making reasonable offers. I would "guess" that any machine tools would come with any and all tooling and accessories for them?
    Agree the lexmark prices are on the HIGH side.

4. Likes Salem Straub liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Would be awesome to take a week of vacation, a flatbed semi and stack of cash to see what I could return with.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

6. Likes pianoman8t8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

For instance, there's an American Pacemaker 14"x30" lathe for sale from that collection. It's listed at $10,000. Is it worth that? Maybe to someone... it's certainly a beautiful machine. But at that price it may take forever to sell. On the other hand, at $2000 it should sell quickly, being a rarity on the West Coast (I'd be trying to haul it 250 miles home, myself.) Is it worth selling it for $2K if the alternative is scrapping it? I'd think so. I think the dealer is doing the owner a disservice with the high prices, but what do I know. In fact if I'm being rude in discussing the prices, I don't intend to be.
    I have nearly the same American Pacemaker, but mine is a 14x102 made in 1967 (I think mine is newer than that one, that one looks a little older). Mine has a 5 year old Newall DRO and came with aloris tooling, large and small steadies, spindle stops, and a few nice chucks. It's in nice shape with the toolsteel ways, original paint and all the paperwork it was originally delivered to a mining co in Arizona with. I bought mine from craigslist out of a working shop for $3000.

A few months after I bought mine I watched a guy pay $17,000+ 15% at an auction for the same machine without any tooling. I asked that guy WTF he was thinking and he honest to god thought he stole it for that price.

I guess you just gotta find the right sucker.

I know a shop that will pay top dollar for one or two 20X120 Pacemaker, Axelson or late L&S. They don't like Monarchs for some reason.

8. Likes Salem Straub liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Had a quick visit with my friend Collector today. And picked up some stuff I need. Not as much as I wanted to buy, but reality (lack of space in my shop) does get in the way sometimes.

For the person who asked about a keyseater, yup, he has one and a huge amount of associated tooling.

Also, two vertical saws- a DoAll MP20, and a 36” throat powerfeed table Doall.

Two Cinci #5 sized mills, vertical and horizontal.

Seven Monarch lathes ranging from two 10EE’s to a roughly 28” swing x 80”, the 14x30 American, a Clausing 5900

Two slotters- Butler and Rockford, four shapers from 14” to 24”.

Two VBM/VTLs, four HBM’s ranging from mid sized to large.

And a massive amount of tooling.

Collector has already sold a lot. If folks are interested in any of the above (and there’s more I’ve forgotten), now is the time to deal. As busy people will understand, sometimes you can’t do it all. The decision to scrap is not an idle threat, it is reality.

I don’t get anything from mentioning his sale, just hoping for the satisfaction of some nice tools getting a new place to work.

L7

10. Likes Hodge, pianoman8t8, Salem Straub liked this post
    Country
    CANADA
    State/Province
    British Columbia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

looking for a 6ft camel back straight edge

Dave

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Idaho
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'm looking for a boring and facing head for my Giddings and Lewis 25rt if there happens to be one of those you are willing to part with? I have the tail stock but I would also be interested in any other associated fixtures and tooling for the 25. I sent a pm earlier but suspect it was lost in the chaos of closing your shop down.

-Brian

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Carl
    I will pass it on to the new owner.
    Collector.