What's new
What's new

Moore jig borer in NJ-online auction ends today

mjr6550

Aluminum
I was thinking about bidding on this, but a transformer would probably cost more than the machine. Maybe its a good deal, maybe not, but the current winning bid is $51. Maybe that will jump up in the final minutes. Anybody have any interest?

I was thinking about bidding on this, but a transformer would probably cost more than the machine. Maybe its a good deal, maybe not, but the current winning bid is $51. Maybe that will jump up in the final minutes. Anybody have any interest?

Is that your math ?
xformer cost's more than the machine so no go ?

Why not look at the "total cost to put this in your shop" ?

might go take a look at it, not far away from me. wondering how challenging the removal will be and whether the machine has been decently maintained over the years...

In my case, yes, that is my math. I don't need this machine, but if it sells cheap it would be nice to have. But once I add the transformer cost, moving costs, and tooling, its not cheap for a machine I really don't need. And its a hassle to find a reasonable priced transformer (or maybe motor that would work). Plus, i have no idea what it may need. So, bottom line is if it sells for $100 its a steal, but it could end up being $1000++ by the time its working. Still relatively cheap, but not if I really don't need it, and have limited space.
I was hoping someone on this forum would wanted it. That way I would not feel bad bad passing on this.

Went for $211 plus fees..
I bought a mill from a guy who was using one of these to bore 2-stroke motorcycle cylinders for racer dudes.
Lotta machine for very little $$ right there.
The local scrapper is paying 8 cents/lb .

Back