What's new
What's new

Deckel fp1 for sale

gwilson

Diamond
Time to start thinning the herd,and I really don't need 3 milling machines.

This fp1 is from the 70's,dial type,and 40 taper horizontal spindle.

I have the following attachments for it:

1.The overhead arm for the horizontal spindle.

2. The out board support for horizontal arbors.

3. The dividing head.It has one index plate mounted on it.

4.The tilting table,which I think has never been used. It could stand a paint job from the paint being knocked by other objects. The top of the table is not damaged in any way.

5. The standard,non tilting table. Some student got confused and milled some shallow marks in the table.(This machine was in a school) They are no more than 1/32" deep,except where he stopped,the groove is about 1/16" deep. If you put a vise on the table,you won't see the grooves. I was considering having the table re planed,but never did as I was wary that re planing the table might cause it to no longer be dead parallel.The grooves do not hurt the accuracy of the machine.

6.A few collets,some hold downs. 40 taper collets.

7. The motor is original

8. The manual.

This machine is not worn much at all. When I got it,the power feeds did not work. I think this happened early on,and the teacher never fixed it,or could not figure out how. I got a manual and found that there was a shear pin way down in the bottom of the column. It was an easy repair once you know how. Amazing how full of gears that column is! And all with mirror finished teeth.

The amount of play in the hand wheels is: With the table in the center of travel;X axis 8 1/2 thousandths. Vertical axis 1/2 thousandth(yes,that is correct).Y axis 4thousandths. I'm spelling it out to make it extra clear.

The machine is graduated in thousandths.

The machine has been VERY carefully repainted with a brush. But,you have to give it a close look to tell it. Whoever painted it knew how to paint.

You will have to come and get it. I am pretty disabled right now,needing both knees replaced. It is on a smooth concrete floor,and at the time I got it,2 of us moved it into place using steel bars under it to roll it into place. There is no room for a fork lift.

A smallish fork lift can go under the garage door,when you get it rolled over to it. My Bridgeport type mill was moved in with a fork lift,head upside down,with 1" clearance. So was my Harrison horizontal mill(but not as tall as the bridgey!)
You can start it up and run it in my shop. I run it with a rotary phase converter.Not included.

Price: $8,000.00 cash only,please. I know an average is about $6000.00,but this machine is not worn. I would not have you come from a long distance only to find that the machine is not as described.

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 2,310
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 1,794
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 2,069
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 1,643
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 2,921
Price reduction to $7000.00. If you want a machine that will not take you forever to rebuild,this is the one.
G, it might help if you posted larger photos.... the PM server can handle full screen size uploads. Closeups showing the brushed paint really does look nearly as good as original, and/or closeups of the speed dials, would help as well.

For example...

FullSizeRender-55.jpg

Saying "you must come fetch it" (for however sound a reason) and $7K cash only - will limit the potential buyers to VA. Most folks on the west coast aren't going to fly to VA to load it, and that much cash (assuming you mean currency) is just trouble - both legal and illegal.

Your circumstance is yours. Just observing.

Also - it does include a vertical head, yes? Is that also 40 taper?

Sorry if you think cash is illegal. If you looked at the pictures,you would see that it has the vertical head. I am a bit leary of accepting large checks from people I don't know. I bought that large Walker Turner drill press you all seemed to think was too high. Paid him in cash,plus a bonus for bringing it here as he was coming anyway. It is a beautiful ,carefully restored machine with features you won't find on a comparably priced new drill press. I'm perfectly happy with it.

No,I'm too disabled to build a crate and ship the mill to California. Plenty of guys here in nearby states.

Frankly,Bryan I think your remarks are very inappropriate,and none of your business.If you don't want the machine,keep out of it.

Last edited:
Over 900 miles counting both directions. Which would be not too far if it was something I wanted really bad....but I need another Deckel like a hole in the head.

If it was as nice as described, you would probably buy it! Unfortunately the seller hasn't even cleaned it since he got it.

If that machine was pristine and in the excellent shape it's described as, you'd be all over it, who are you trying to kid??? :stirthepot:

Let me explain WHY I have this machine: I took it in lieu of money a used machine dealer owed me. Milacron knows who. I would never call the man dis honest,however,disorganized might be a more appropriate term.I really didn't need 3 mills,but it was a nice machine,so I took it. So,here it sits. Better than never getting the money!

The machine doesn't need cleaning,Alan.Do you mean I should polish the table ? I'd put on the tilting table,which has a perfect top.If you aren't interested in it,why don't you butt out. But then,you still always have been an unsufferable jerk,kicked off more than one forum. And still pretending to be a machinist. Seeking GURU status,which you don't deserve. First in woodworking,now machining. You are still a novice at best,traditional fools. A few years ago you were still slotting saw backs with a mini mill. Too stupid to manage to properly FOLD them,like you should. GLUING the blade in. Those saws with the butt ugly handles. Ever manage to sell one? I have never seen you put up pictures of ANYHING you have ever made,except that sorry saw. What HAVE you made,hot shot?
You don't have a sense of design.It just isn't in you.

You are so obnoxious that the motor rewinding place you mentioned wanted to charge you $1500.l00 to rewind the motor on your Van Norman mill. They wanted to run you off is why. Was that before or after you broke it some more (after it was broken in shipment) in an effort to cheat your insurance company ?

That's the trouble with posting anything here. Wannabies who have no interest are permitted ton shit all over it.YOU HAVEN'T EVER EVEN SEEN THE MACHINE IN PERSON.You even blah blahed that I CLAIMED to have a Deckel. And,that was AFTER I had listed it in the Deckel section.Now that you can't say I CLAIM to own a Deckle any more,you claim that it isn't in the condition described. You just HAVE to try to be harmful,don't you? Destructive little idiots like you ought to be BANNED here. You are like a little yap yap dog,snapping at my heels.If you were in fact such a dog,I could stick a broom handle up your rear end and mop the floor with you.

The important thing is this machine is not worn. Anyone who visits here may run it,take cuts,etc.And see that it is accurate. Since I have two other mills,I just don't need it. No,I haven't used it much. I have two completely outfitted other mills. No need for me to invest in tooling for a third mill I took on trade. I have,however,checked it out carefully.

I would not risk my credibility here offering a worn out machine. I am 76 years old,used to rebuild machinery,and the mill is as described. There will,or may be other things I wish to sell rather than leave my 57 year old wife to deal with them.

You even have the nerve to tell Milacron what decisions he might make? I can't sell this machine wholesale anyway,and spoke with Milacron about its value before I posted it here. He was kind enough to offer me a price range I might try.

Milacron-the pictures are smallish because I took them with my new smart phone.They do amazingly well with those tiny lenses they have.

Last edited:
GW, the lens size of your phone has nothing to do with the image size. The photo example I showed of a Hardinge lathe I took with an iPhone 7S but the older iPhones would produce images just as large. In fact the pixel potential is reduced from the raw data captured from the phone....I could produce a clear poster size image with that phone if I wanted to.

If it was as nice as described, you would probably buy it! Unfortunately the seller hasn't even cleaned it since he got it.

If that machine was pristine and in the excellent shape it's described as, you'd be all over it, who are you trying to kid??? :stirthepot:
I wasn't aware of your mind reading aspirations, but think you should focus on less supernatural phenomenon. Actually I would be very interested in it if it was a final generation FP1, with integral DRO, DC drive power feed and Y axis power feed. GW's second generation dial type with no 40 spindles does seem like an excellent deal for the price, however.

GW, the lens size of your phone has nothing to do with the image size. The photo example I showed of a Hardinge lathe I took with an iPhone 7S but the older iPhones would produce images just as large. In fact the pixel potential is reduced from the raw data captured from the phone....I could produce a clear poster size image with that phone if I wanted to.

I had an issue with the thumbnails not enlarging with my iPhone 6 a while back. I did an update and it took care of everything.

I had an issue with the thumbnails not enlarging with my iPhone 6 a while back. I did an update and it took care of everything.
I don't know if this is ideal but the way I deal with my phone photos is, the ones I want to post on the web, I email to myself as attachments, usually pick the "medium" size (which is maybe 90 KB....when the "actual size' is 2MB per photo ! ) and then use the desktop iMac to save those photo attachments in a hard drive file.

Then I post the post, pick the "insert image" icon, pick "from computer" and click "basic uploader". This then automatically takes me to the emailed photo files and I choose the one I want, then click "upload" and that's that. My explaination probably sounds more lengthy and complicated than it is.

It is of course possible to post and upload the photo directly from the iPhone, but I'd rather deal with a real keyboard and larger screen when posting.

Milacron,thank you for agreeing that my price is a good one. And for deleting one of Traditional Fool's posts.:) I'll try to see if I can get larger pictures as I learn how to use the new phone.

Back