What's new
What's new

Deckel FP2 and Hardinge HLVH for sale

ama1437

Plastic
I'm going to start off lazy and add to this offering if anyone shows any interest.:sleepy:

Deckel FP2
  • Many accessories (No, really. A lot)
  • List can be added. If someone doesn't want all the extra tables and heads, I could always sell them separately AFTER the mill is sold, paid for and gone.
  • Good shape
  • 3 Phase
Hardinge HLVH
  • Many Collets
  • Tool holders included
  • detailed list will be added
  • Tool post grinder could be included for the right price.
  • Other possibilities too
  • Good shape
  • 3 Phase
Both machines are plugged in and operational. I do very little work with them, am about to move out of state (again) and will probably hate myself for selling them at the other end, but I can always find other machines.

Price is negotiable. I will need to do some homework to find out what they are worth. (Feel free to make an offer) I figure I'll keep all the small bits and tooling, but hey, if someone wants all the "stuff" and it would "make the deal", I may be persuaded...

The machines are located in Cambridge, MN 55008. I can load them at this end, but it would be great if you came, checked them out, unplugged them and moved them yourself.

I will answer any questions and measure, test, photograph and basically do anything you may need to feel good about these before tripping across country to come look at them.

Thanks for looking.

"I will answer any questions and measure, test, photograph and basically do anything you may need ..."

Please supply a photo of:

Price tag on FP2

and photo of:

Price tag on HLVH

Thank you!

Like I said, "Price is negotiable. I will need to do some homework to find out what they are worth. (Feel free to make an offer)"

Thanks for the more than generous offers, but I think, while very tempting, :drool5: I'll pass on those.

I was hoping to find some recent sales to compare and then adjust for condition between mine and those. Haven't seen any yet. Is anyone willing to tell me what they know these have gone for recently?

I could always just start high and piss everyone off, but I don't like that route either. Anyone? What're they worth? Usually. In good but not new condition?

Otherwise, please bear with me. I'll take some time to do some research and find out what they're worth. I'll be back.

In the meantime, if anyone wants to make any real offers, that's kinda like telling me what you think they are worth. I'm not going to accept $5.12 or even $512. But a REASONABLE offer, I will consider.

Like I said, "Price is negotiable. I will need to do some homework to find out what they are worth. (Feel free to make an offer)"

Thanks for the more than generous offers, but I think, while very tempting, :drool5: I'll pass on those.

I was hoping to find some recent sales to compare and then adjust for condition between mine and those. Haven't seen any yet. Is anyone willing to tell me what they know these have gone for recently?

I could always just start high and piss everyone off, but I don't like that route either. Anyone? What're they worth? Usually. In good but not new condition?

Otherwise, please bear with me. I'll take some time to do some research and find out what they're worth. I'll be back.

In the meantime, if anyone wants to make any real offers, that's kinda like telling me what you think they are worth. I'm not going to accept $5.12 or even $512. But a REASONABLE offer, I will consider.

Well at least you have a decent sense of humor about the whole thing. The number of butthurt drama queens that have picked up their ball and went home... :)

Pictures would be a great start!

IIRC, you get 5 per post max, and they will load right off your computer.

Well lit, and in focus is a nice touch so many miss! :)

One sold recently Canadian government sale $6300 with some tooling translates to about $4500US. Another listed starting bid $C6500
Bob

Okay. I was really tempted to put a blank price tag on both and post them, but figure that is starting to waste everyone's time. Just picture them in your mind. :D

It actually took less time than I thought. Here's what I found:

There are not a lot of sold or for sale FP2s out there, but from what I can tell, the average is about $7,500 and I think I have more "stuff" with mine. :cool:

The HLVH, on the other hand, was a lot easier. Lots of sold and for sale. Looks like the basement is around $9,000 and top end of $22,000. One site says the average is $18,200.

Most are from professional machinery re-sellers and I would expect them to be a little high, but hey, they do sell them all the time.

With that said, I think we're getting closer to having a good idea of what they're worth. Anyone have any differing search results?

I'll go ahead and figure out what I want to include with each, photograph them and come up with prices.

I appreciate everyone's patience with this. I did take the lazy start, but at least I see there is some interest.

Onward.

Well at least you have a decent sense of humor about the whole thing. The number of butthurt drama queens that have picked up their ball and went home... :)

Pictures would be a great start!

IIRC, you get 5 per post max, and they will load right off your computer.

Well lit, and in focus is a nice touch so many miss! :)

Thanks for the tips on the pics. I'll remember that when posting them.

And as for the sense of humor, life wouldn't be worth living without it. Speaking of butthurt drama queens reminds me of the time I heard something that was so funny it made me laugh my ass off. I didn't even realize it until I sat down. :eek:

If you really want to find out what they are worth put them on eBay for a 99 cent starting bid.
That's what I did and found out my $5000 Studer grinder was worth $330.

Deckel made several generations of FP2 machines, without a picture we can’t tell what you have.... price will be vastly different depending on what actual machine it is. In Europe the range is around 3k to 15k for a fp2 depending on generation. So no one is going to give a real offer without seeing at least a picture of the operator side. Accessories are a bit easier but you haven’t even given a list of what you have....

Call me old fashioned :codger: but you should have done some homework or at least have a good idea of price already! Thinking aloud I would have a value in my head for anything in my workshop.

These are hardly "LOW SPEC" machines ... and nobody is going to spend GOOD money without a picture and a better description.

First, let me apologize for handling it this way. I figured I'd start a conversation that would help me discover their worth and if there was any interest. It appears there is quite a bit of interest, if only to know the price I want. The last thing I wanted to do was irritate anyone.

I did already have a value in my head. I just didn't know if it was realistic or not.

As for putting them on eBay with no reserve, I've found out over the last 21 years on there that that method usually does not work for higher dollar items. As you well found out. Could be timing or in many cases, it sometimes takes folks a bit of time to decide on something like that and to collect funds. I hope you didn't actually sell it for $330.:ack2:

I just found out I have 6 PMs. I'll answer those now.

I'll get on photographing them soon too. It's a little tight in there and I will need to move some stuff around to do them justice.

I have an old hendey tiebar in really good condition. I posted it for sale at the price i was willing to accept to part with it along with good pics to accurately depict the machine's condition. I got really good feedback on my price (telling me it was likely too high). The feedback was constructive and intended to help me. My point is if you post pics and the price you are willing to accept, even if it's too high, you'll get the feedback you are asking for.

Boy, I can already hear Jersey John now. Wait. Let me beat him to the punch. I'm an idiot!
I'll be 75 at the end of this month. :codger: But that's no excuse. John is 100% right. I really should have done some homework. Like maybe looking at the nameplate! Or pulling out the manuals I have. Then I wouldn't have made such a fool of myself.

I have no idea why I remembered it as an FP2 when it is in fact an FP1.:wall:

I will see myself to the door now and not come back. (other than answering any questions) I really feel stupid and apologize for wasting everyone's time here.

It will probably take me a few days, maybe more, and I will start two new threads. One for the FP1 and one for the Hardinge something or other lathe. (Not going to make that mistake again)

If it's possible, I'll put a link here to the two new threads, or at least give you the thread titles so anyone who is not totally done dealing with me forever (understandable) can actually find out what they are. (and how much I want for them.)

I will leave you with one last thing though. A taste of how I will present on the new threads. Here is an accurate, but incomplete list of items included with the (FP1) machine.
  • Overarm
  • Vertical Spindle Head
  • High Speed Vertical Spindle Head
  • Slotting Head
  • Circular Table
  • Fixed Angular Table
  • Swiveling Angular Table
  • Index Head
  • Spring Collets - 1/4" to 1"
  • Operating Instructions Book with Technical Bulletins
  • Another Book with Instructions, Lubrication, Adjustments and Dismantling Operations.

Back