What's new
What's new

Defiance DMC milling machine for sale

Why don't you post at least a little info & some pics? Some of us have flip phones.

I don't seem to be able to post photos. This site does not seem to be I phone friendly. Can you tell me how to do it? The mill weighs 4,000 lbs. It is about the size of a Haas Mini Mill. Not sure about the travels, I'll check tommorow.

I did a search and came up with the same result as jhov did in post #7. The company went out of business in 2001. If someone picked up the production of this machine after that date could you post a link to them? I'm interested but couldn't find any specs or pictures of this machine online. Would you please post some large pics and the specs here? Pics on my phone are too small to be useful.

Machine pics

Here you go Moonlight.....

Attachments

• IMG_3060.jpg
    IMG_3060.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_3061.jpg
    IMG_3061.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_3062.jpg
    IMG_3062.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_3063.jpg
    IMG_3063.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_3064.jpg
    IMG_3064.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 215
The rest of the pics....

What the pics don't show are the collets, tool holders and manuals it comes with. Last time I saw this running we were making our own shocks and this was machining the pistons for them.

Attachments

• IMG_3069.jpg
    IMG_3069.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_3068.jpg
    IMG_3068.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_3067.jpg
    IMG_3067.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_3066.jpg
    IMG_3066.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_3065.jpg
    IMG_3065.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 99
Certainly an orphan machine. But, a mold shop I worked in in the 90's bought 2 of the graphite machines for EDM electrodes. I even went to their factory and did a tour. The ones we had were extremely capable machines. At the time, their block processing speed and look ahead were far superior to that of Fanuc 16i at the time. Those little machines really did quality work. Delta-Tough axis drives with servos. They were running Windows based control software and as far as we can tell, it was pretty flawless. 30K RPM with a CAT15 or 20, I forget exactly. Tiny little holders, 3/8" max cutter diameter. The only issue I would have would be finding a version of Windows to run this machine. The ones we had were Windows 98.

Paul

This machine is still available. This is a nice machine that has seen very little use and is in great condition. Someone posted about it in another thread and I have lost track of the poster, please PM me if you are interested.

Does this machine have a stepper motor or brushed DC motor based tool changer carousel? You can tell by looking at my many wires go to the rotation motor (4 vs 2). I own a Defiance DMC but yours is clearly a different model or revision than mine.

I know of a Ukrainian company that owns a slightly different version from mine as well. They reached out to me for help, having found my video on YouTube:
Defiance Innovations VMC doing an automatic tool change - YouTube

Defiance (the machine manufacturer) company went out of business, but the control system that they chose to run their machines is still actively supported by the company that authored it. I am an electrical engineer, so I work on the electronics when they break down ;)

I might be interested in buying the machine! They are quite compact and can be useful for doing fine work. Where is the machine located?

Does this machine have a stepper motor or brushed DC motor based tool changer carousel? You can tell by looking at my many wires go to the rotation motor (4 vs 2). I own a Defiance DMC but yours is clearly a different model or revision than mine.

I know of a Ukrainian company that owns a slightly different version from mine as well. They reached out to me for help, having found my video on YouTube:
Defiance Innovations VMC doing an automatic tool change - YouTube

Defiance (the machine manufacturer) company went out of business, but the control system that they chose to run their machines is still actively supported by the company that authored it. I am an electrical engineer, so I work on the electronics when they break down ;)

I might be interested in buying the machine! They are quite compact and can be useful for doing fine work. Where is the machine located?
Just down the road from you, Hilliard Ohio. On I 270 west side of Columbus Ohio.

Back