What's new
What's new

Delta / Rockwell 20" Metal and Wood Bandsaw

jmhoying

Hot Rolled
Delta / Rockwell 28-500 Bandsaw. Amazing range of speed from 50 to 4500 feet per minute blade speed. It has a Hi/Low gearbox, and a variable speed control. All in good condition.
220v Single Phase. 20" wheels, 12" maximum depth of cut. Huge 24" x 24" cast iron table. Overall height of 78".
Located in Fort Loramie, Ohio (40 miles North of Dayton)
$950.00 picked up (I can load it on a pickup or trailer)

bsaw1.jpg
bsaw2.jpg
bsaw3.jpg
bsaw4.jpg
bsaw5.jpg

Thanks for looking,
Jack
Fort Loramie, Ohio
More machinist tools and tooling at Machinist Tools

Jack--
Can this one do friction cutting of stainless steel exhaust pipe?

Hello,
At first I thought that since this saw has speed ranges from 50 to 4500 feet per minute, it would be a good candidate for friction cutting. However, I Googled it and that technique requires a special saw with speeds in the 20,000 fpm range for thicker metals. I did read a post that a guy was getting good results with 3000 fpm in 1/8" or thinner metals.
Jack

It requires a fpm between 6k-20k. How well it works on the lower end I dont know. Its really only meant for cutting materials under 1", not saying you cant cut heavier, but its more difficult.

Jack--
Can this one do friction cutting of stainless steel exhaust pipe?

I have a saw similar to this, except that it it did not have the gear box. The shop I bought it from were cutting stuff using diamond tipped blades. Not sure if that would count as friction cutting though.

Back