What's new
What's new

Doall V-26 bandsaw for sale

TravisR100

Cast Iron
I don’t know anything about this saw. I bought it at an auction with the intention of fixing it up but it seems like a daunting project at the moment with everything else I’ve got going on. And now that I have it in the shop it’s bigger than I expected. I don’t know if it runs or not. I was told that it did. It’s 440 on the name plate and all I’ve got in my shop is 220. The motor appears to be a dual wound motor. $1,800. [email protected].
143004a20f101e1f14e64d45d063f80a.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
87d3c8fbf2fdd9edb55207426eba6cc0.jpg
a4be92c0e305cfec8178a7dfc6a07e0f.jpg
99fd21ddd94518166d208b0899febf92.jpg
3423b76f08b18f416f4a368b24a7f9be.jpg
04fe5b29ae810e3078fbe7608b151002.jpg

I'm not all that familiar with DoAlls, but if it's a dual wound motor, you've got a shot at rewiring it for 220. Some minor component replacement (thermal protection elements, fuses) and you could be good to go.

Not that I want to prevent someone from buying it, but that's all the saw you'll ever need and better yet, it's already in your shop. I suspect you could get more specific help here on the board.

It’s definitely a beast of a machine. Just don’t know that I want to mess with it. If I don’t get any interest I may just let it sit until I get the time.

That is a nice machine. I love the Packard Motor Company property badge.

Alas, it's too big for my shop too.

I hope you find a good home for it.

That is a nice machine. I love the Packard Motor Company property badge.

Alas, it's too big for my shop too.

I hope you find a good home for it.

Yep, I thought that badge was pretty cool myself. Found an old metal desk on Craigslist that had a Douglas Aircraft Company badge.

If it's like our DoAll, you may also need to re-wire the transformer that supplies the work lamps and control circuit. Even if the motors are not dual voltage, transformers often are.

That is a nice machine, but it is a big task to overhaul it and bring it up to like new specs. I am doing a 1612 contour saw now. It sat in my garage for 20 years before I decided to restore it. Mine was made in 1968 and nothing was worn except the blade backing caps. They are very solid machines. Everything is pinned in place. My biggest issue was the extensive corrosion on unpainted steel parts. DoALL has spares, but their prices are expensive.

Ours is a 16-2 (mid 1950's?) that we got in 2006. IMO, older DoAll's are one of the best "classic" band saws you can get for general and precision work.

Ours needed a good cleaning, new belts, new transformer, and I had to rebuild the gear-box once after a gear seized onto a shaft (didn't require replacing any parts, just oiling and fitting everything back together). Other than that It's still in it's OEM paint. I would't bother rebuilding one unless it has major problems AND a crummy finish.

Mighty strange serial format (per serial book) - maybe Packard had something to do with that. I think Packard was gone by early sixties after a brief spell as Studebaker Packard

Other funny thing - you have the three speed gear case, but a two speed dial. The two speed gear case was uniquely ROUND - Thumbnail shows the ROUND job - labeled as transmission

Attachments

• Scan B.jpg
    Scan B.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 92
Ours is a 16-2 (mid 1950's?) that we got in 2006. IMO, older DoAll's are one of the best "classic" band saws you can get for general and precision work.

Ours needed a good cleaning, new belts, new transformer, and I had to rebuild the gear-box once after a gear seized onto a shaft (didn't require replacing any parts, just oiling and fitting everything back together). Other than that It's still in it's OEM paint. I would't bother rebuilding one unless it has major problems AND a crummy finish.

Wasn’t planning a rebuild just cleaning it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back