Drill Press and Band Saw for Sale
Close
Login to Your Account
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Drill Press and Band Saw for Sale

First posted on PM in 2009 the contents of my late husband's machine shop. These are the two last remaining pieces of machinery:

Reliant 12-speed Floor Drill Press-DD55, with owner's manual and square bit attachment.

Rockwell/Delta Band Saw 28-200, with floor stand.

These have been in storage since 2008, unused.

Make an offer.

Local buyers only please, prefer not to have to crate and ship. Zip code 06248 in CT. Cash only.

Photos attached. Tool Queen ([email protected])
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails band-saw.jpg   band-saw-2.jpg   drillpress-label.jpg   drill-press.jpg   accessories.jpg  

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Dear Tool Queen: A word to the wise, you might be better served to list these on a woodworking forum. These tools appear to be wood working tools. Good luck.
    JH

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for that advice. I came back to PM because people were so helpful in the past; I am so over my head! Any suggestions as to a decent woodworking forum?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Craigslist could the quick way to deal with this locally.

You might start here to find your locality.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I don't know if those pieces are worth $50 or $500--I expect somewhere in-between. Any suggestions as to what to ask for much appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi, Your best bet is probably local Craigslist also. The bandsaw (older 14" Delta/Rockwell) probably around $350 (yours looks in good shape with a good motor and miter guage)around here. Those older ones are "made in US". It's also helpful to list the motor horsepower and brand (probably a 3/4 or 1 HP Baldor) in a CL add. The drillpress, a generic brand, probably around $200 around here. An older, good condition US-made Delta/Rockwell goes for better $ that the plethora of generic chinese bandsaws for sale. You can also do a quick search on "bandsaw" in your surrounding areas on CL and see what comes up. Good Luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thank you! That is really helpful!!!Once again, PM has been come to my aid; I really can't thank you enough. My neighbor said he would post these for me on Craigslist and I'll pass all this info on to him to manage the sale.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You're very welcome. I have one of those older Delta/Rockwells (bought new in 1984, I think yours is a bit older); I've made tons of woodworking and other projects with that little saw and it's still going strong even though I have a couple of bigger ones now. Those 14" bandsaws are a "staple" of home woodworking shops, and shops in general. Back before all the chinese influx of tools (starting around mid-late 80's,) the Rockwell, Delta, and a couple of other US brands were the only thing available in small bandsaws. You should be able to get a decent price for it. Also that looks like a pretty hefty, quality Baldor motor, if it's 3/4 or above HP, that's desirable also (many of these were equipped with a 1/2 HP motor). Also desirable, is the motor is mounted under the saw on the stand; many of the open-frame (versus cabinet) bases had the motor mounted behind the saw (takes up more depth and the saw is more stable with the motor on the bottom like yours). As mentioned, the chinese brands (Harbor Freight, Grizzly, and many other no-names), in that basic 14" saw sell new for $400-600-ish.--ones with a bunch of bells and whistles (not needed), even more. A decked out Powermatic (namebrand, now made in Taiwan or China) is well over $1000, and no better than that Delta. The noname chinese saws typically have mystery-metal parts, mystery-bearings and terrible motors.
    The drill press looks like a generic import model of some sort.
    I know it's no fun liquidating loved-ones tools and such, especially when you don't know much about them. Best of Luck, Feel free to PM if you have any questions. Cheers Charles

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Is there no family interested? When my father in law passed we gave family first 'dibs' on stuff. He was a machinist so his tools were intimately familiar to me so that helped. Remember if you do post on Craigslist people will lowball you so don't be afraid to ask for the very high end of what it is worth since most people are going to try and talk you down anyways. Good luck with selling these!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks, Mike, my son got a lot of his stuff after his Dad died. He can't use these pieces, I thought I might keep them as they are two machines I was not afraid of. Unfortunately, after 7 years of storage, I've concluded it's not going to happen--I have neighbors and friends I can rely on for help or machinery.